Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1873780/001
Date posted 22 November 2022shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-11-22 2023-01-21 manufacturing-and-production Klang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Plant Manager job opportunity has become available at a coating manufacturing company. Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, this opportunity is for a plant manager who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.
About the Plant Manager Role:
In this Plant Manager position, you will oversee all the plant's daily operations, including production, maintenance, quality control, warehouse and EHS to ensure that operations are efficient and cost effective.
- Lead the team towards best practices in Production, Maintenance, QC and Warehouse to maximise plant efficiency
- Ensure that the plant meets all company and regulatory product safety requirements
- Identify opportunities to manufacture efficiently at cost-effective level by increasing productivity, debottlenecking processes and implementing innovation in the production floor
- Set up and maintain an effective compliance system of control to ensure that operations operate within the local regulatory framework and contractual requirements
- Ensure that the plant production and production-related areas function effectively through excellent leadership (including cost management, associate relations management, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure inventory accuracy and supply reliability
- Implement and maintain TPM, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Set and control budgets, targets and objectives (KPIs), and provide regular reports on the progress in order to achieve the overall organisational and financial objectives
- Effectively manage labour requirements, manpower planning, production planning, stock management, instrumentation calibration and plant improvement while developing innovative systems and processes
- Improve the processes and policies in support of the organisational goals, formulating and implementing departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output, and monitoring adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
To succeed in this role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capabilities and identify operational gaps to drive improvement programmes.
- Degree in chemical/engineering or other related fields
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the manufacturing environment, out of which five were in plant function management
- Good project management, lean manufacturing and ERP experience is highly valued
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of a wide range of Operational Excellence (OE), Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) principles and processes
- Strong troubleshooting skills, good leadership skills, interpersonal skills and an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Strong decision-making ability, accountability, teamwork, able to motivate and engage the workforce, multitask effectively and good focus on people development
- Excellent communication, people management and leadership skills both with internal and external stakeholders
The company has a strong local and international footprint within their sector. Their dedicated research team addresses the growing market needs through strategic collaboration with industry specialists.
If you are driven, determined and keen to take on a new challenge in your career, this is the role for you. Great rewards await the right person in this exciting Plant Manager job.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR230,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 27 November 2022A rapidly growing B2B edible oils and nutrition manufacturing company is looking for a Regional Process Control Engineer to sustain and maintain process control technologies deployed at various manufacturing sites in the region. This job reports to the Smart Manufacturing Lead.