Malaysia Site Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Job Ref 1833430/001
Date posted 24 October 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-10-24 2022-12-23 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Malaysia Site Lead job opportunity has become available at an electronics assembly manufacturing company in Penang due to expansion planning. Reporting to the Chief Operation Officer of Asia Pacific, this is an opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to greater heights and participating the Malaysia business expansions.
About the Malaysia Site Lead Role:
The Malaysia Site Lead will be accountable for leading the Malaysia’s businesses and be responsible for managing and leading the manufacturing and production plant operations in the areas of safety, compliance, quality, delivery, and cost control in relation to profitability, productivity, materials management, training, and continuous improvements.
- Define and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in all departments of the manufacturing functions
- Take ownership of management system related to the manufacturing functions. This includes the implementation and continuous improvements of any existing management systems, and development of any new process, controls, reports, or systems. Regular reviews of such management systems shall be performed in conjunction with the top management
- Define, monitor, control and improve targets and key performance indicators (KPI) for each department in the organisation's operations. KPIs shall be set up to the level of each manufacturing process and monitored daily (or monthly depending on definition) to ensure consistent performance of the manufacturing function
- Provide clear leadership and vision to all subordinates thereby creating a dynamic work environment. This includes overall culture setting through implementation of appropriate people management process and structure in order to manage a diverse team in the factory efficiently and effectively
- Oversee the function of production, which plans and execute all internal operations required to produce parts according to customer requirements and engineering design. This role takes ownership of all policies and procedures related to production and implement controls to ensure its proper implementation at every section
- Be responsible for the overall adequacy, availability and suitability of all infrastructure and environment related to the manufacturing function
- Set vision, targets and objectives to ensure that best warehouse and inventory management practices are planned and implemented in close liaison with other departments
- Provide support and inputs during all stages of design and development of new product. This also includes the development of new infrastructure such as the planning, installation and commissioning of a new production line
- Driven to perform weekly management meeting to report to top management team on site performance and progress on all ongoing improvement initiatives
- Identify activities for continuous improvement of the manufacturing functions. This includes but not limited to initiatives to increase compliance to higher standards, adoption and development of new technologies, and constant improvements and training in manufacturing practices
- Present goals and milestones for overall factory performance improvement during monthly management meeting
- Assist in evaluating and documenting all internal and external factors revolving the manufacturing activities and take actions to ensure any identified risks are mitigated and that opportunities are developed. Risk assessment for manufacturing related elements shall be reviewed and discussed with top management on a regular basis
- Contribute to overall manufacturing expansion strategy and capital budget process
- Oversee and lead compliance functions related to manufacturing functions, including but not limited to the aspects of domestic as well and international statutory, environment, safety and other interests of all stakeholders
- Assist in taking charge of liaison with internal and external key stakeholders pertaining manufacturing and operational activities
To succeed in this Malaysia Site Lead role, you need have strong manufacturing operations management and profit and loss (P&L) accountability experiences as you will be responsible for providing clear leadership and vision to all subordinates efficiently and effectively.
- Degree (preferably master's) in a relevant engineering/manufacturing discipline
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with manufacturing process, LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives, quality, tooling and materials management systems
- At least 12 years' work experience in medical device manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience of leading a manufacturing function (including production, maintenance QA and EHS functions) with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Strong ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Must have excellent leadership skills and the ability to build an effective team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and knowledge with polymer technology and moulding processes is an advantage
The company believes that their employees are their most important asset. With the employees, they have created a company characterised by innovation, entrepreneurship, diversity, equality, quick decision-making and responsibility. They are the leading medical device manufacturing company in the world undergoing a strong expansion phase in the markets in Europe, China, India and the Middle East through their own product portfolio.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Malaysia Site Lead role is for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-240 2132 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1833430.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Director of Product Development job based in Penang has opened up at a world-leading manufacturing and production company. This company is a key manufacturing service provider to one of the top semiconductors manufacturers in the world.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 October 2022An exciting Manufacturing Operations Manager job has become available at a leading multinational manufacturing and production company based in Penang. This role is the key person to lead the operations set-up for the new expansion plant, and is for production and operation manager who experience in back-end semiconductor manufacturing industries.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 October 2022An exciting Senior QA Manager job has become available at one of the world’s prominent medical device manufacturers focusing on manufacturing and production operation management in a new establishment in Penang. Reporting to the VP of Quality Assurance, this opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to greater heights and participating their business expansions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 October 2022An exciting Programme Management Director job opportunity as become available at an electronics manufacturing and production company in Penang due succession planning. Reporting to the Programme Management, Senior Director, this opportunity for a Programme Management Director who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.