Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1848240/001
Date posted 06 September 2022shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-09-06 2022-11-05 manufacturing-and-production Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading building construction material manufacturing companies is recruiting for an Operation Manager job to be responsible for general management of production, maintenance, quality, and EHS, as well as lead the dynamic and continuous improvement of the organisation. In this job, you will report directly to the Vice President Manufacturing.
About the Operation Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading all daily operations management and coordination of plant operations including production, product quality, maintenance, and EHS to achieve optimum manufacturing safety, output, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Managing and overseeing production, packing, warehousing and distribution, health safety and environment of the plants
- Developing and managing the strategies, plans and produce as per the agreed plan with management to achieve the organisational and financial objectives of the company
- Ensuring the efficient planning and controlling of the production schedule
- Implementing and maintaining TPM, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Setting and controlling budgets, targets and objectives (KPIs), and providing regular reports on progress in order to achieve the overall organisational and financial objectives
- Ensuring compliance with eternal regulatory agencies and organisations
- Developing a clear performance objective for the employees and ensuring that key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles in the business and that the roles are clearly defined and understood
- Effectively managing labour requirements, manpower planning, production planning, stock management, instrumentation calibration, plant improvement while developing innovative systems and processes
- Reviewing corrective actions and ensuring compliance on the outcome of customer complaints investigation
- Monitoring and analysing the statistical process data in order to identify trends and possibilities of improvement
- Improving the processes and policies in support of the organisational goals, formulating and implementing departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output, and monitoring adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Taking the lead in quality system, health, safety and environmental standards that are complied with local regulatory requirements and corporate policy
- Managing plant capital expenditure, plant facility including maintenance and upkeeping
- Leading continuous improvement in manufacturing and business processes to improve the level of product quality, process capability, customer satisfaction and cost reduction
- Getting involved in SAP or related software project for success in the day-to-day operation
- Developing training program and plan for skill up the teams
- Providing technical support and services and addressing production and quality issues to marketers whenever necessary
To succeed in this Operation Manager role, you must have a minimum of eight years' experience in the production capacity within the heavy manufacturing industry.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, food technology or related field of study
- Minimum of eight years operations experience in manufacturing and production environment, preferably within the heavy industry
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies, e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, TPM, etc.
- Knowledge of operations management in a sheet metal manufacturing are highly desirable
- Computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excel at operating in a fast-paced, community environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Demonstrated leadership ability
This international metal firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a progressive Operation Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 26 September 2022An established machine manufacturer is recruiting for a Technical Service Manager job to lead the technical service engineers across SEA countries: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Bangladesh, Pakistan. This position directly reports to the Head of Technical Services.