Plant General Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Job Ref 1833420/001
Date posted 02 September 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-09-05 2022-11-01 manufacturing-and-production Penang, Malaysia MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Plant General Manager job opportunity has come up with an electronics assembly manufacturing company in Penang due to succession planning. Reporting to the Corporate Vice President of Operations, this opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.
About the Plant General Manager Role:
The Plant General Manager leads the Penang business and is responsible for managing and leading the manufacturing plant operations in the areas of safety, compliance, quality, delivery, and cost control in relation to profitability, productivity, materials management, training, and continuous improvements.
- Lead operations of a plant to achieve high standards in production, quality, and quantity requirements
- Maintain costs within budgetary limits while assuring that best manufacturing practices are utilised in the maintenance, conservation of equipment, and/or facilities
- Set overall plant objectives to ensure effective operations and direct all functions of the plant operations: manufacturing, engineering, safety, quality, supply chain, HR and finance
- Align operational objectives with the overall business objectives to ensure a strategy-focused workforce
- Direct and mentor the plant leadership team in the performance of their respective roles, consistent with the company’s leadership model
- Drive compliance to the ethics policy and holds others accountable for ethical conduct
- Develop controls and critically review results of operations in reference to planned objectives
- Maintain a workforce of highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive to high levels of employee engagement
- Attract, select, develop, train, coach, appraise, and motivate managers and other personnel in key staff positions within the facility
- Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered
- Create a culture of exceeding customer expectations, ensuring that the organisation is highly responsive to customer needs and issues
To succeed in this Plant General Manager role, you need have strong manufacturing operations management and profit and loss (P&L) accountability experience.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of current technologies in manufacturing, engineering, NPI, materials management/inventory control, distribution and logistics, purchasing, quality assurance systems processes and practices.
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong collaborative skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability
- Demonstrate success in building high performance teams, leading cross-functionally, developing and retaining employees and driving organisational change
This company is much more than a global high-tech components manufacturing and production firm and is anything but traditional. The culture is demanding, but if you have experience working in a multinational manufacturing corporation, you can be the good fit.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Plant General Manager role is the role for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-240 2132 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1833420.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 27 September 2022An exciting Operation Director job in a leading multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang, Malaysia has just become available. This company is a US-based contract manufacturer advance in both EMS and precision manufacturing.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 September 2022An exciting Malaysia Site Lead job opportunity has come up with an electronics assembly manufacturing company in Penang due to expansion planning. Reporting to the Chief Operation Officer of Asia Pacific, this is an opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to greater heights and participating the Malaysia business expansions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 September 2022An exciting Manufacturing Operations Manager job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company based in Penang. This role will be the key person to lead the operations set-up for the new expansion plant, this is a role for a production and operation manager who experience in back-end semiconductor manufacturing industries.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 02 September 2022An exciting Operations Director job opportunity has come up with an electronics manufacturing company in Penang. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, this opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 09 August 2022An exciting HOD of Electrical Engineering and System Control job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for a manager who is well versed with the electrical design and control system in the automation industry.