Salary Market Aligned
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Job Ref 1832060/001
Date posted 30 August 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-08-31 2022-10-29 electronics Perai, Penang MY 13600 Samtec Asia Pacific (M) Sdn Bhd https://www.samtec.com/ https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/samtec-logo.gif
A Production Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for managers who can manage operations in an electronic device manufacturing industry with high mix high volume production.
About the Production Manager Role:
The Production Manager job scope includes a wide range of responsibilities leading the overall production control in an organisation to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and standard.
- Oversee production and scheduling, planning, job, product roadmap and follow up on multiple Work Centre projects
- Coach and lead the team to achieve corporate goals and metrics
- Manpower arrangement within inter-department
- Monitor production quality and feedback on quality issues to Quality Assurance
- Communicate with other departments and external contractors on multiple Work Centre jobs and suppliers
- Responsible for new product transfer (NPI), equipment capacities and utilisation
- Maintain department standards (Quality System as IATF16949, ISO9001 and ISO14001)
- Ensure production flow optimisation, floor layout and apply VSM to reduce waste
- Ensure continuous improvement in productivity in all the areas
- Handle people development and training
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
- Ensure the overall production capability to achieved market demand
- Handle purchase orders for production needs and control the total department cost
To succeed in this Production Manager role, you must possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high-mix, high-volume production environment.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 10 years of related working experience with minimum of three years as a people manager
- Strong experiences with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Familiarity with PCBA footprint and stencil designs, and process is desired
- Knowledge of mechanical design using 3D software is an added advantage
- Printed circuit board manufacturing experience is desired but not required
- Technical expertise in manufacturing and production of connector industry is an added advantage
Much more than just another company, they put people first with a commitment to exceptional service, quality products, and convenient design tools progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Production Manager position.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this Production Manager role is for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-240 2132 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1635720.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 27 September 2022An exciting Customer Engineering Technical Manager job has become available at a world-leading manufacturing and production multinational company to be based in Kedah, Malaysia. This role will be the key person to be the point of contact within customer and internal stakeholders for the new technology division.