Manufacturing Operations Director
Salary MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1843640/001
Date posted 24 August 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-08-24 2022-10-23 food-manufacturing Malacca MY MYR 300000 360000 360000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established food manufacturer is reruiting for a Manufacturing Operations Director job to plan, strategise and lead all major plant improvement initiatives in order to take the plants to the next level of manufacturing standards while delivering the annual operational performance targets. This position reports to the Managing Director.
About the Manufacturing Operations Director Role:
In this position, you will lead plant expansion and efficiency projects and manage overall daily plant operations including production, product quality, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations.
- Leading and coordinating any study on capacity and long-term CAPEX strategy for the entire supply chain
- Leading the development and deployment of the organisation's long-term vision supported by an annual compelling business need, strategies, master plan and scorecard metrics
- Defining the organisation structure and resources necessary to deliver the site purpose and to deliver ongoing improvements of the site deliverables
- Planning manufacturing activities to achieve agreed targets and standards for financial performance, quality, culture, and regulatory compliance
- Ensuring the appropriate standards, guidelines, and principles are developed, maintained, and sustained to support the site culture to develop a “High-Performance Organization”
- Creating, leading and cultivating a Continuous Operational Excellent culture within the Factory Operations Team
- Ensuring delivery of the organisation annual objectives in all key metric areas (safety, quality, production, cost, delivery, and culture) through review and gap processes at every level throughout the organisation
- Manage capital expenditure and project execution for capacity expansion/new business/product developments from the manufacturing cost perspective in assets, resource, and investment implementations
- Tracking the CAPEX for Supply Chain and ensure it is according to the timeline and achieves the budgeted ROI
- Working closely with key stakeholders (supply chain leaders) on developing a clear training structure. This includes preparing the structure, conducting validation meetings with stakeholders, developing, and implementing the annual training calendar that are aligned to business needs
- A clear structure of training needs and development of modules in each level of the organisation. This includes identifying training needs, developing the right modules and executing the training calendar with capability team and front-line leadership team
To succeed in this Manufacturing Operations Director role, you must have at least 15 years of experience leading the factory operations within the FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Manufacturing Management, or any technical field of study
- At least 15 years of experience in a leadership capacity within the FMCG manufacturing industry
- Total of 20 years of operations management experience within the food manufacturing industry
- Prior management of multiple manufacturing sites would be highly preferable
- Prior experience in noodles manufacturing would be ideal
- Strong understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, and other improvement methodologies
- Familiar with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 22000 standards
- Knowledgeable in GMP, HACCP and other document management systems
- Good understanding of KPIs, focusing on key objectives and delivering results that meet or exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to manage a strategic focus balanced with a practical/pragmatic approach
- Demonstrated history of delivering tangible business results utilising process improvement methodologies strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a high level of cross-functional experience, communication to and with all levels, effective collaboration and influencing skills, conflict resolution and coaching skills
- Strong ability to manage/influence teams to deliver the right results on time
- Ability to effectively challenge the status-quo, drive change on assumptions embedded in the current business processes or practices
- An innovative mind set to develop new insights into organisation improving solutions
- Strong knowledge of analysis methods involving the measure of process capabilities
- Ability to interact and build relationships with all personnel, including those from other departments while motivating and inspiring team members
This company is renowned for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With their products being sold regionally, they are one of the market leaders in their category.
If you are seeking for challenging and dynamic Manufacturing Operations Director role within an established market leader, this is the role for you. The opportunity to lead their next phase of growth and development awaits you.
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR220,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 September 2022An established FMCG company is recruiting for a Senior Packaging Equipment Specialist job to provide deep and broad technical support and packaging equipment technology expertise to projects and plants, specialising on multiple packing technologies across a region.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Bandar Baru EnstekDate posted: 25 August 2022A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is recruiting for a Head of Maintenance job to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world class manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Operations Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 September 2022A renowned chemical company is seeking a Senior Manager, Quality & Product Stewardship to ensure implementation of all quality management and product stewardship matters for all petrochemicals products within Asia-Pacific. This position will be reporting to the Head of Petrochemical Technology and Operations.
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR450,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading chemicals producer is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability, Asia Pacific job to lead, develop and implement the environmental, social and governance sustainability initiatives for the organisation across the entire Asia Pacific region. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 August 2022One of the engineering and construction companies is looking for a dynamic candidate to take on a General Manager, Contracts job to oversee and be responsible for analysing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and approving the quantity estimates. This position reports to the Construction Director.