Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1838140/001
Date posted 11 August 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-08-16 2022-10-10 manufacturing-and-production Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Mechanical Design Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading electronics multinational manufacturing and production firms to be based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Manager, this is a role for a talent who is leader in the field.
About the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who is responsible for the overall mechanical design for the key products of the organisation by using SolidWorks. This person has to ensure the designs implement proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
- Select materials of construction to meet mechanical, environmental requirements while embodying the most cost-effective solutions possible
- Work directly with customers, and internal teams to identify requirements, establish design expectations, and meet agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design of components and assemblies and meet customer needs for finished materials
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines
- Perform risk assessment tests and use results to improve design and reduce risks before reaching manufacturing
- Contribute to the launch of new programmes with the various affected global manufacturing facilities
- Lead new product development projects from concept through preparation of turnover to manufacturing
- Establish project plans and milestone charts at the inception of new projects, then track and report on progress
- Write technical papers on significant findings that can be used as a sales training aid, help promote new products or be published in technical journals
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the mechanical sciences
- Work with departments in obtaining samples and test data and provide with information to prepare catalogue and sales literature
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellect
To succeed in the this role, you will need to have practical experience in the mechanical design of small electronics devices and must be well versed in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related disciplines
- Five to eight years of work experience in mechanical design for antenna or related products
- Knowledge of Solid Work or other designing software
- Strong technical know how and familiar with product development life cycle, demonstrate understanding of most new product development processes and workflows
- Ability to fully define project scope, deliverables and team requirements as well as execute programme plans with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables
- Works well in a team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Able to work extra hours and attend project review meeting according to area time zone
This firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding as it is an organisation undergoing new transformation but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a talented and focused senior mechanical design engineer seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role is right for you. You will be a part of forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KulimDate posted: 29 September 2022A Process/Equipment Engineer (Senior/Staff) job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Kulim, Kedah. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for an individual who has a can-do attitude handling the process engineering or equipment engineering of a prototyping plant in who can manage operations in an electronic device manufacturing industry with high-mix, high-volume production.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 04 September 2022An exciting Senior System Control Engineer job based in Kedah has just become available in the newly setup global automation team of a prestigious electronics manufacturing and production firm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 27 September 2022An exciting Senior Application Engineer job in a leading multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang has just become available. This role is the key person to support and manage customer projects at new operations in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 13 September 2022An exciting Senior Facility (Electrical) Engineer job has become available at a multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang. You will be part of the pioneer team in this greenfield project. For now, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager for Facility and EHS department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 01 September 2022An exciting Project Manager job has become available at a world-leading multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang. This role will be key in supporting and managing customer projects at new operations in Malaysia.