Senior Operations Plant Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1826190/001
Date posted 18 July 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-07-18 2022-09-16 manufacturing-and-production Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Senior Operations Plant Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a role for an operations talent who is able to drive operations strategy and improvement.
About the Senior Operations Plant Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior Operations Plant Manager will be the key person to drive operational improvements in the current plant as well as the operations set-up in the new plant.
- As part of the Penang site leadership team, collaborate with operations and cross functional leaders to embed operations excellence in existing and new factors
- Implement together with operations director, initiatives to strengthen team competency, middle management capability and to instil a strong continuous improvement and operational excellence mindset within the operations organisation
- Provide the necessary support to improve cross functional collaboration, with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and implement the management's objectives, i.e. development and regular review of a sustainable production strategy and ensuring its successful implementation
- Optimise and continuously develop production structures and production processes from the point of view of efficiency and productivity improvement (operational excellence and continuous improvement)
- Be present with the team, actively listen and interact with team members from engineering as well as from the shop floor level (shift supervisors and line leaders)
- Participating in meetings with leadership team on a specified timeline to evaluate KPIs (Key Success Indicators) against goals
- Develop blue print for future production concept to achieve best in class performance in OTD, OEE, Safety, 6S, time to market and other productivity related metrics
- Oversee and lead strategic operations projects: including but not limited to productivity improvement, digitalisation of shopfloor, capacity expansion and quality improvements
- Work closely with the new factory programme manager to set up structure and team for a state-of-the-art factory and to exceed productivity performance of the existing factory
- Actively contribute in make-or-buy strategy development, product portfolio adjustments, production relocations including transfer of means of production in close alignment with the local and global supply chain organisation
- Regularly report on the progress of the new factory set-up to the stakeholders (up to group executive level)
- Manage and lead cross-functional local project team members
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
The successful candidate must possess operational or production experience in high mixed low volume production line and strong in mechanical products.
- Degree or master's degree in industrial engineering or other related technical discipline. MBA or relevant management training is an advantage
- At least 10 or more years of experience as an operations leader in a complex and fast-paced environment with a proven track record
- Knowledge of and experience in precision machining, mechanical ssembly operations is beneficial
- Experience in vacuum system, vacuum related design and high purity processes is an advantage
- Good exposure to lean methodology and well versed in quality tools such as 8D, FMEA, SPC, etc.
- Able to manage a very cyclical business to optimise capacity and productivity levels including inter-plant movements. A strong engineering background and a solid R&D/innovation experience is helpful
- An experienced Operations Programme Manager (P&L ownership) with a sound operations/manufacturing background and a strong planning (long-, mid- and short-term) and process and project management expertise combined with strategic capabilities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills (numerically literate), a clear ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to manage complexity and to prioritise fast in an agile and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated solid experience in managing a plant or production with proven leadership capability utilising modern production and management methods (e.g. CI, lean, 6S, KPIs, TQM, TPM, MES, Industry 4.0)
- Proven track record successfully demonstrated the implementation and/or continuous improvement of lean management
- Operational experience with new factory start-up, production ramp up, quality improvements and productivity gains is beneficial
- International operational experience in Europe or US is a big plus
- Ability to analyse and assess business needs and formulate strategic initiatives, roadmap to drive long-term improvements in efficiency, productivity and value add
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Senior Operations Plant Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 09 August 2022An exciting HOD of Electrical Engineering and System Control job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for a manager who is well versed with the electrical design and control system in the automation industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 27 June 2022An exciting Product Development Manager job in a multinational world leading manufacturing and production company to be based in the Penang has just become available. This role will be the key person to lead the new product development activities for specific production processes.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 22 June 2022An exciting Manufacturing Operations Manager job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company based in Penang. This role will be the key person to lead the operations set-up for the new expansion plant, this is a role for a production and operation manager who experience in back-end semiconductor manufacturing industries.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 08 August 2022An exciting Plant Manager job opportunity has become available at an electronics manufacturing company in Penang due to succession planning. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this opportunity is for a Plant Manager who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.