Salary MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1822320/001
Date posted 30 June 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-06-30 2022-08-29 chemicals Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 216000 216000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading speciality chemical manufacturer is looking for a Factory Manager to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing related activities. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
About the Factory Manager Role:
In this position, you will manage the operations to ensure that customer requirements are met with optimum cost, stringent quality requirements, efficient equipment utilisation and in accordance with HSSE law and regulations.
- Monitor and manage the overall operation, inclusive of process, QA/QC, production, logistic, maintenance, HSE, and planning
- Lead and drive continuous improvement in productivity and ensure SHE excellence
- Ensure cost effectiveness on operations and optimise plant operations for better OEE and processing cost
- Planning day-to-day and control the strategies, budgets, production schedules, along with resource allocation and machine loading for optimum output
- Forecast the annual budget and continuously review the budget of the daily operations
- Explore the possibility to incorporate the new technology for process improvement and new operations
- Installation and commissioning of various equipment as well as conducting tests & inspections to ensure operational effectiveness of plant & utilities
- Planning, controlling, and effecting predictive and preventive maintenance schedules for various machineries and equipment to increase machine up time and reliability
- Identify opportunities to manufacture efficiently at cost effective level by increasing productivity, efficiency, debottlenecking processes and implement innovation in the production floor
- Setup and maintain an effective compliance system of control to ensure that operations operate within the local regulatory framework and contractual requirements
- Lead the effort to improve team collaboration across the organisation to create solidarity
- Oversee quality management and identify areas for improvement
- Review maintenance plan with the maintenance team and authorise the approval for appropriate engineering projects
To succeed in the Factory Manager role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capability and able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programs.
- Tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or relevant field of study
- 15 years working experience in leading the production operations within the chemical manufacturing industry
- Prior experience in the production of Chlor-Alkali (Caustic Soda, Hydrochloric Acid, Chlorine Gas, Hydrogen Gas, Sodium Hypochlorite, etc.) is a fundamental requirement
- Knowledge in Electrolysis, Gas Bulk Storage Tank, Burner, Evaporator (Steam), Liquefaction, Scrubbing, Gas filling into pressurised steel drums, Liquid Bulk tanker loading, Liquid Bulk storage, Cooling Tower, Heat Exchanger, Water purification (physical, chemical and Ionic Exchange), Air Compressor would be highly desirable
- Ability to foster good team engagement, highly organised, flexible, and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- Readiness to work on the ground operation level to resolve issues
This company is forerunner in the manufacturing of speciality chemicals for various end usage. They have revolutionised the industry with their innovative products and have steadily increased their market share.
If you are forward thinking, able to make strategic operations level decisions, and uncompromising when it comes to safety culture, this Factory Manager role is the right one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR450,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading chemicals producer is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability, Asia Pacific job to lead, develop and implement the environmental, social and governance sustainability initiatives for the organisation across the entire Asia Pacific region. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 June 2022A leading speciality chemical manufacturer is looking for a General Manager, Manufacturing to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing related activities within a greenfield new plant setup project. This position reports directly to the Managing Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 August 2022One of the engineering and construction companies is looking for a dynamic candidate to take on a General Manager, Contracts job to oversee and be responsible for analysing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and approving the quantity estimates. This position reports to the Construction Director.
Salary: MYR360,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 04 August 2022A leading property developer is recruiting for a General Manager, QA/QC job to provide strategic direction for the quality management department for all infrastructure construction projects. This position reports directly to the Director of Construction.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 August 2022A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This job reports to the CEO.