Production Planning Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1816220/001
Date posted 15 June 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-06-16 2022-08-14 manufacturing-and-production Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Production Planning Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain, this is a role for a planning manager who are experienced in production planning for precision industries.
About the Production Planning Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Production Planning Manager will be responsible for overseeing full spectrum material and production planning activities in supporting the production plans in line with clients’ expectations in a high mixed low volume product’s environment.
- Manage and develop a planning team in all aspects planning and production scheduling activities to fulfilling to customer requirement plans
- Coordinate planning, scheduling, material acquisition and change management with customers during programme startups
- Conceive and implement a myriad of production control functions encompassing master scheduling, production planning and coordination
- Generate accurate reports to reflect the scheduling, methods, performance and process procedures
- Plan materials requirement to ensure effective inventory control system (such as ROP, min/max) and slow-moving inventory management and disposition
- Be responsible for process/productivity improvement and accountable for operations planning, scheduling and implementing to meet delivery commitment, increase efficiency and optimise machine and capacity utilisation
- Develop and deliver strategies, control cost, inventory level measure and drive efficiencies to meet the challenging business level key performance parameters
- Ensure availability of materials for production (machining part) to meet customer demand, with timely delivery of all products in required quality and at a reasonable cost level
- Perform machine capacity planning requirement according to forecast, ensure resources are utilised fully and effectively
- Ensure accurate information while planning using Production Supporting System (PSS) and Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS-Fastems) with accurate data entry and timely transactions
- Communicate to all responsible departments in case of quality issues, availability of parts and components, critical delivery deadlines, initiation and implementation of improvement measures
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement process and 5S at work environment to increase the productivity and maintain safety, especially towards meeting departmental KPI
- Support daily tasks given by superiors from time to time
The successful candidate needs to have solid experiences of production planning management role preferably from precision metal machining industry.
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations management, supply chain management with 10 years’ experience in operating production plans, preferably in the precision metal machining industry
- Experience in aluminium and stainless steel
- Experience in milling and turning
- Experience in surface finishing and coating
- Prefer PSDC or JMTI Level 3 or higher
- Microsoft Office
- Organised, self-dependent and customer-oriented work
- Good communication and teamwork skills
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Production Planning Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Teck Yaw Chuah on +604-240 2133 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C