Head of Plant Operations
Salary MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1739750/001
Date posted 14 June 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-06-14 2022-08-13 chemicals Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 300000 420000 420000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading edible oils manufacturer is seeking a Head of Plant Operations to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing-related activities. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.
About the Head of Plant Operations Role:
In this position, you will manage the operations to ensure that customer requirements are met with optimum cost, stringent quality requirements, efficient equipment utilisation and in accordance with HSSE law and regulations.
- Monitor and manage the overall operation, inclusive of process, QA/QC, production, logistic, maintenance, SHE and planning
- Lead and drive continuous improvement in productivity and ensure SHE excellence
- Ensure cost effectiveness on operations and optimise plant operations for better OEE and processing cost
- Ensure the products comply with the highest quality and meet customer requirements
- Forecast the annual budget and continuously review the budget of the daily operations
- Provide monthly operational reports to the senior management
- Explore the possibility of incorporating the new technology for process improvement and new operations
- Ensure the operations comply with regulatory, licensing, permit, food safety certifications and QMS (quality management system)
- Review OPEX on a monthly basis for budget control
- Ensure inventory accuracy and supply reliability
- Identify opportunities to manufacture efficiently at cost effective level by increasing productivity, efficiency, debottlenecking processes and implement innovation in the production floor
- Set up and maintain an effective compliance system of control to ensure that operations operate within the local regulatory framework and contractual requirements
- Lead the effort to improve team collaboration across the organisation to create solidarity
- Oversee quality management and identify areas for improvement
- Review maintenance plan with the maintenance team and authorise the approval for appropriate engineering projects
- Ensure compliance to HSSE guidelines and lead the plant incident investigation in Tripod Beta analysis
To succeed in the Head of Plant Operations role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capability and able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programmes.
- Tertiary qualifications in chemical engineering or a relevant field of study
- 15 years of work experience in leading production operations within the edible oil manufacturing industry
- Prior experience in vegetable oil and fats is highly desired
- Solid experience managing an oil refinery
- Strong knowledge of HSSE management systems
- Ability to foster good team engagement, highly organised, flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- Readiness to work on the ground operation level to resolve issues
This company is forerunner in manufacturing and distribution of edible oil products for various end usage. They have revolutionised the industry with their innovative products and have steadily increased their market share.
If you are someone who is able to make strategic operations level decisions, is forward-thinking and uncompromising when it comes to safety culture, this Head of Plant Operations role is right for you.
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 June 2022A rapidly growing airline business is recruiting for a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 June 2022A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the fleet maintenance and airworthiness initiatives during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. In this job, you will report to the CEO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022A renowned international food manufacturer is recruiting for an Engineering Manager job to lead all greenfield and brownfield engineering and CAPEX projects in the plants throughout the region. This position will be reporting to the Manufacturing Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 May 2022A market leading FMCG manufacturing company is looking for an OHS Director (APAC Region) to provide strategic direction for OHS (Occupational Health) policies, ensure effective implementation of OHS management system & programs at various regional sites and provide thought leadership.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2022A leading civil and structure main contractor in Kuala Lumpur that serves domestic and international project across infrastructure (highway, earth work, bridges, water treatment plants, rail), chemical and industrial plants, etc., is seeking a Project Director (C&S) specialising in civil and structure (C&S). In this job, you will be responsible for leading the entire C&S team working on multi-site projects.