Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1814210/001
Date posted 13 June 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-06-16 2022-08-12 manufacturing-and-production Port Klang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading equipment manufacturer company is seeking a Plant Manager to manage daily operations and coordination of plant operations including production, product quality, and maintenance while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations. In this job, you will report directly to the Head of Operations.
About the Plant Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for daily operations management and coordination of plant operations including sales and marketing, production, product quality, and maintenance while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations.
- Developing and managing the strategies, plans and produce as per agreed plan with management to achieve the organisational and financial objectives of the company
- Setting and controlling budgets, targets, and objectives (KPIs), and providing regular reports on progress to achieve the overall organisational and financial objectives
- Ensuring compliance with eternal regulatory agencies and organisations
- Developing a clear performance objective for the employees and ensuring that key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles in the business and that the roles are clearly defined and understood
- Coordinating with suppliers and risk management processes
- Effectively managing labour requirements, manpower planning, production planning, stock management, instrumentation calibration, plant improvement while developing innovative systems and processes
- Improving processes and policies in support of organisational goals, formulating, and implementing departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output, and monitoring adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Providing technical support and services and addressing production and quality issues to marketers whenever necessary
- Close working relationships and work collaboratively with the Manufacturing Teams, Engineering, Project, Procurement, Sales and other internal stakeholders
- Managing production team and run operation, while ensuring a safe and ergonomic environment for production staff
- Budget setting and controlling responsibility for both overhead and direct expenditure of the manufacturing facility
To succeed in this Plant Manager role, you will need to have strong interpersonal communication skills. You will need to have a strong understanding in operations within the heavy industry manufacturing plant.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of eight years’ work experience in the metal/fabrication industry
- Strong people management skills
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies, e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, TPM
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Good communicator and with strong people management skills
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, supplier quality and inventory
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Malay language
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
This organisation is a trusted brand in producing high quality equipment. The company is all set for the next phase of growth.
If you are seeking a stable environment to grow your career, this Plant Manager role is the one for you. You will be a part of a supportive team and the opportunity to enhance technical capabilities will be provided for further career development.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: BangiDate posted: 21 June 2022A rapidly growing adhesive products manufacturer is recruiting for an Assistant Production Manager job to lead all plant operations and plant efficiency initiatives. In this job, you will report directly to the Senior Regional Operations Manager.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: MalaccaDate posted: 26 May 2022An established international automotive parts manufacturer is looking for a Maintenance Manager to lead all maintenance initiatives in order to ensure that the plant is in optimum operational conditions. In this job, you will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 May 2022A leading building security systems solutions provider is recruiting for a System Integration Project Manager job to lead physical security system integration projects for existing and new buildings. This position reports directly to the Director.