Senior Planning Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1808790/001
Date posted 13 June 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-06-16 2022-08-12 manufacturing-and-production Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Senior Planning Manager job has become available at a multinational semiconductor manufacturing and production firm based in Penang due to expansion plans of the organisation.
About the Senior Planning Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Resources Planning & IE, this talent will be responsible to lead the production control, materials control, warehousing, logistics, and industrial engineering teams. In this key position, the Senior Planning Manager will be responsible for directing or coordinating with production, purchasing, warehousing and logistics to limit cost exposure, ensure good support on production materials and improve cycle-times as well as factory utilisation rates. This person will review existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to service customers. This position will be responsible for creating an environment where quick response time to support production needs and meeting the customers requirement is an everyday part of life. The position will liaise heavily with production, engineering, MIS and quality to ensure that products of the highest quality are shipped in timely manner.
- Lead, direct, organise, and motivate a highly professional team of production control, materials control, warehouse and logistics personnel in creating and executing to quarterly production plan that includes factory loading, raw materials planning, generation of lot processing documentation, lot tracking, shipping and receiving, warehouse, measurement of delivery performance, inventory control and management and equipment capacity planning
- Publish the quarterly production plan. Supervise, establish and coordinate with production to meet to this quarterly plan
- Ensure compliance to the Strategic Trade Act and local authorities in particular Customs Department and other government agencies
- Be responsible for department financial budget with respect to quarterly and monthly operational expenses
- Maintain and operate within the boundaries of industry quality certification such as ISO9000/1, TS16949, ISO14001
- Be responsible for all equipment capacity modelling, bottleneck analysis and line planning and balancing activities
To succeed in this role, you must have strong experience in planning and industrial engineering in back-end semiconductor production line.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or relevant
- Have approximately 15 or more years of experience in a commercial semiconductor assembly production environment, with at least eight of those in a management or leadership position
- An extensive and in-depth knowledge of the supply chain management, knowledge of production scheduling, inventory control and management, warehousing and logistics
- Able to review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws
- Be able to demonstrate broad based management and leadership skills and have a track record of successful execution in a team-based environment
- Be familiar with the application and execution of advanced manufacturing techniques such as 5S, Kanban, Lean manufacturing and other manufacturing tools
- Be viewed internally as a leader and a key influencer and externally as knowledgeable in their field of expertise
- Must possess exceptional communication skills and able to communicate with all levels in both the local and corporate organisation
- Must be a team player. Have a track record of building close working relationships with other departments and managers to realise an end-to-end solution
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated, who is able to motivate others with their personal dynamics
- A hands-on professional who gets the big picture but stays close to the fray
- Enjoy a personal reputation for integrity and “above reproach” ethics
This organisation is a renowned international company that is committed to perform beyond their customers’ expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day. Their relentless focus and discipline as an organisation has led to solid, long-term performance for their shareholders.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Planning Manager role.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Chuah Teck Yaw on +604-240 2133 or email to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 27 June 2022An exciting Product Development Manager job in a multinational world leading manufacturing and production company to be based in the Penang has just become available. This role will be the key person to lead the new product development activities for specific production processes.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 22 June 2022An exciting Manufacturing Operations Manager job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company based in Penang. This role will be the key person to lead the operations set-up for the new expansion plant, this is a role for a production and operation manager who experience in back-end semiconductor manufacturing industries.