Salary Market Aligned
Location Yong PengFULL_TIME
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1809780/001
Date posted 07 June 2022johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 manufacturing-and-production Yong Peng MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading roofing company is recruiting for a Plant Manager job to manage daily operations and coordination of plant operations including sales and marketing, production, product quality, and maintenance, while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations. This position reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing.
About the Plant Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for daily production output, product quality, on-time delivery and leading the end-to-end operations of an established manufacturing plant. In addition, the candidate must be able to drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes including production planning, manufacturing policies and identification of future problems and its solutions.
- Leading daily production activities to ensure safe work environment, quality, on time product with excellent service
- Ensuring that the factory production related areas function effectively through excellent leadership (including cost management, associate relations management, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Overseeing capital expenditures, factory and facility needs, safety, environmental compliance, maintenance and other related activities are completed quickly and effectively
- Ensuring the factory costs are within the approved budgets (operating and capital), providing timely communication where negative cost variances occur, effectively manage production schedules and provide direction to the Customer Support team for timely corrective actions
- Visiting the plant floor frequently to coordinate and monitor production, direct the resolution of production delays, and oversee other production related issues
- Monitoring output, cycle times, routings, quality indicators and oversees and participates in the resolution of problems or reinforcement of positive findings
- Working cross-functionally with other departmental managers, such as the Quality Assurance, Production Planning, Purchasing, Procurement Supply Chain, and Manufacturing Engineering to resolve difficult or continuing problems
- Ensuring strong improvement focus and business decision making for operations by collaborating with all functional leaders and serving as liaison with the Support Centre
- Developing and implementing strategies for key business issues as they arise
- Leading the Continuous Improvement Programme
- Providing excellent leadership in ensuring that all communications are managed effectively, including staffing, training, learning and development of the workforce, recognition, performance feedback as well as corrective/disciplinary action when required
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment as well as ensuring environmental requirements are being met
To succeed in this Plant Manager role, you will need to have strong interpersonal communication skills. You will also need to have a strong understanding in operations within the roofing manufacturing industry.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of 15 years’ working experience in Building Material, preferably in roofing industry
- Strong people management skills
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies, e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, TPM
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Good communicator and with strong people management skills
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, supplier quality and inventory
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Malay language
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
This company has a strong international reputation in its field and the business succeeds on its ability to provide reliable and resilient products for manufacturing customers.
If you are a progressive Plant Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Yong PengDate posted: 06 June 2022A leading roofing company is recruiting for a Plant Manager job to manage daily operations and coordination of plant operations including sales and marketing, production, product quality, and maintenance, while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations. This position reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing.
Salary: MYR360,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Pasir GudangDate posted: 26 May 2022A leading oleochemical manufacturer is seeking a Factory Manager to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing related activities. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.