Salary MYR360,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Pasir GudangFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1808650/001
Date posted 26 May 2022johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-05-26 2022-07-25 chemicals Pasir Gudang MY MYR 360000 420000 420000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading oleochemical manufacturer is seeking a Factory Manager to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing related activities. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.
About the Factory Manager Role:
In this position, you will manage operations to ensure that customer requirements are met with optimum cost, stringent quality requirements, efficient equipment utilisation and in accordance with HSSE law and regulations.
- Monitor and manage the overall operations, inclusive of process, QA/QC, production, logistic, maintenance, HSE, and planning
- Lead and drive continuous improvement in productivity and ensure SHE excellence
- Ensure cost effectiveness on operations and optimise plant operations for better OEE and processing cost
- Plan day to day and control the strategies, budgets, production schedules, along with resource allocation and machine loading for optimum output
- Forecast the annual budget and continuously review the budget of the daily operations
- Explore the possibility to incorporate the new technology for process improvement and new operations
- Install and commission various equipment and conduct tests and inspections to ensure operational effectiveness of the plant and utilities
- Plan and control, effecting predictive and preventive maintenance schedules for various machineries and equipment to increase machine up-time and reliability
- Ensure the operations comply with regulatory, licensing, permit, food safety certifications and QMS (quality management system)
- Identify opportunities to manufacture efficiently at cost-effective level by increasing productivity, efficiency, debottlenecking processes and implement innovation in the production floor
- Set up and maintain an effective compliance system of control to ensure that operations operate within the local regulatory framework and contractual requirements
- Lead the effort to improve team collaboration across the organisation to create solidarity
- Oversee quality management and identify areas for improvement
- Review maintenance plans with the maintenance team and authorise the approval for appropriate engineering projects
To succeed in the Factory Manager role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capabilities and be able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programmes.
- Tertiary qualifications in chemical engineering, operations management, or a relevant field of study
- 15 years of work experience in leading the production operations within the oleochemical manufacturing industry
- Prior experience in the production of soap noodles, soap bars, glycerine and other oleochemicals is highly desirable
- Ability to foster good team engagement, highly organised, flexible, and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- Readiness to work on the ground operations level to resolve issues
This company is forerunner in manufacturing and distribution of oleochemical products for various end usage. They have revolutionised the industry with their innovative products and have steadily increased their market share.
If you are forward thinking, able to make strategic operations level decisions, and uncompromising when it comes to safety culture, this Factory Manager role is the right one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Yong PengDate posted: 06 June 2022A leading roofing company is recruiting for a Plant Manager job to manage daily operations and coordination of plant operations including sales and marketing, production, product quality, and maintenance, while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations. This position reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Yong PengDate posted: 07 June 2022A leading roofing company is recruiting for a Plant Manager job to manage daily operations and coordination of plant operations including sales and marketing, production, product quality, and maintenance, while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations. This position reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing.