Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Cayton Khoo
Date posted 09 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 engineering Penang Simpang Ampat MY 14100 MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Production Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for manager who is well-versed in the manufacturing processes of polymer products.
About the Production Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Production Manager will play a key role in the continued development and success of the production team.
- Lead and manage the entire production department to achieve production targets, quality, yield and cost goals
- Ensure production processes are in accordance with production schedules and plan towards meeting the set targets and quality
- Control raw material usage, direct labour and overhead efficiency in the budget
- Maintain and improve process efficiency and quality standards
- Coordinate and facilitate inter-departmental and inter-section production flow
- Work with all levels of the organisation to improve quality levels, providing customers with “Zero Defect Product” and “100% On-Time Delivery”
- Responsible for the production material inventory accuracy and physical inventory count
- Provide managerial and technical support to supervisors and technical teams to mange KPIs related to the production department
- Develop, coach and train all production staff to have the required knowledge and skills to carry out their job function
- Prepare statistical reports on manufacturing activities, production targets and achievements
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the company’s established standard operating procedures (SOP) for production processes and work flow
To succeed in this role, you must have experience with cross-functional team management in managing the production floor and strong knowledge of process engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably manufacturing, industrial or mechanical
- At least eight years of work experience in the related field is required for this position
- Preferably a manager specialising in manufacturing/production operations or equivalent
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, process variation reduction (Six Sigma) concepts, ISO 90001, IAFT 16949 and/ or ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle a heavy workload, prioritise work, and to meet assigned deadlines
- This position requires leadership, tact and knowledge in assigning and instructing personnel in the proper performance of plant operations, materials usage, industrial safety and 5S in the production shop floor
- Fluent in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin (written and verbal), as the candidate is required to work closely with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Production Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number: JTKSM 423C