Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 30 September 20192019-09-30 2019-11-29 fmcg Shah Alam MY MYR 10000 12000 12000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A multinational food processing and manufacturing company is looking for a Production Manager. In this job, you will provide direction, plan, organise and coordinate the required production activities needed for the plant operations.
About the Production Manager Role:
In this position, you will be involved in production floor setup (manpower and process), qualification of new products, process improvement and team engagement.
- Plan and initiate programmes to achieve operational excellence in production operations that have impact on productivity, quality, safety, reliability, and cost efficiency
- Develop quality plan (testing methods, test frequency and others) in alignment with the company requirement
- Support the implementation of the plant certification and conformance to integrated management system (IMS) that consists of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, PAS 220 and ISO 22000
- Provide leadership to a team of Production Executives and Technicians to meet company production targets and strategies
- Manage and allocate the effective resources of the department (time, asset, people, money, and others) to achieve department and plant goals
- Drive corrective actions from production, engineering and/or other functions that have direct control of the process
- Analyse operating deficiencies, corrective actions in other areas that need improvements and formulate action plans in the plant directed towards continuous improvement of all quality performance
- Conduct studies on new testing scheme, alternative raw materials, modify packaging materials, new products, processes and systems
- Ensure the plant is compliant to all food laws, sanitary regulations, health requirements with good manufacturing practices (GMP), 6S housekeeping programmes, food safety (HACCP), integrated management system (IMS) and security system
- Review the plant’s production performance using statistical analysis of monitoring data, process, trend and other quality indicators and identify opportunity areas for improvement
To succeed in this Production Manager role, you will need to have a successful track record of managing line operations and implementing line improvement projects within the food industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering/manufacturing field of study
- Seven years of shop floor management experience in food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of beverage manufacturing processes in various packaging types (cold fill, hot fill, aseptic, UHT processes) is highly regarded
- Knowledge of management quality systems
- Ability to manage and execute production strategies across the supply chain to reduce costs and gain
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
This leading food company continues to be a market leader for its product category by being at the forefront of product innovation.
If you are seeking a leadership position to setup production operations, this Production Manager is the role for you. The company has long term investment plans to diversify product portfolio and this is a rare opportunity to be a part of their term during this exciting period of growth.
Apply today or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C