Salary MYR72,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 28 August 20192019-09-10 2019-10-27 engineering Petaling Jaya MY MYR 72000 96000 96000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading international electrical power transmission systems manufacturer is looking for a Process Engineer to be responsible for the overall process improvement of the production lines and systems in the plant. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
About the Process Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be accountable for developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining efficient manufacturing processes and workflow, for assembly products for the overall process improvement and act as a support to the production department in achieving production targets.
- Organise, implement and maintain production process flow
- Develop working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed
- Improve continually existing operations, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Investigate operational problems affecting production, reporting and recommending solutions
- Liaise with production planners/schedulers to ensure the released products have adequate BOM and routings
- Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions, workmanship standards and process procedures
- Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target
- Organise meetings with other team members to facilitate growth
- Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
- Work with design engineering: design for cost, design for test, design for manufacturability, design for assembly
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop
To be successful in this role, you must have prior process/industrial engineering experience within the electrical systems manufacturing/assembly industry.
- Degree in mechanical/electrical/industrial engineering or related field of study
- Five years of process/industrial engineering experience in a manufacturing plant
- Good knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma and TPM methodologies
- Possess an innovative mindset to develop new insights into organisation improving solutions
- Familiar with headcount allocation analysis, visual aids at workstations and tools selection are highly preferable
- Strong knowledge of analysis methods involving the measure of process capabilities
- Possess the ability to interact and build relationships with all personnel, including those from other departments while motivating and inspiring team members
This international company that is widely known to individuals around the world continues to be market leaders for their product category by being at the forefront of product innovation.
If you are an analytical and innovative Process Engineer that is keen on optimising processes, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your overall production and continuous improvement knowledge and exposure in a world class manufacturing environment.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C