Salary Good Package
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 27 May 20192019-05-27 2019-07-26 manufacturing-and-production Johor Bahru MY MYR 15000 18000 18000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An established speciality chemical manufacturing company is looking for an Operations Manager to lead the production, maintenance, engineering, utilities, quality and production planning operations.
About this Operations Manager Role:
In this position, you will manage the factory operations to ensure that customer requirements are met with optimum cost, stringent quality requirements, efficient equipment utilisation and in accordance with local law and regulations.
- Lead a team of Department Heads in production, QA/QC, facilities, utilities, EHS and logistic operations
- Direct, coordinate, plan and execute the day-to-day operations activities and monitor the budget/expenses closely
- Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives and procedures
- Review operations, procurement MIS, sales & activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity
- Identify areas that requires cost reduction and program improvement
- Determine staffing requirements, hire and train new employees and oversee personnel processes
- Monitor service providers to ensure that their delivery is efficient and within budgetary limits
- Locate, select and procure raw materials at competitive prices
- Monitor production efficiency, manpower utilisation, machine downtime and other performance metrics to determine the variance
- Oversee compliance to ISO quality management systems (ISO 9001 & ISO 14001) and statutory requirements such as DOSH, DOE & BOMBA
To succeed in this Operations Manager role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capability, able to operate in a Lean team structure environment and able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programmes.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or relevant field of study
- 18 years' working experience in a plant operations leadership role within manufacturing industry
- Possess strong business acumen, influential, operations process driven and focused on driving operations excellence
- Able to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- Willing to work on the ground operation level to resolve issues
This leading international speciality chemical manufacturer has an outstanding reputation among their customers. Their strength lies in their research capability and innovative products.
If you are someone who is strategic, forward-thinking and possess strong determination to achieve success, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C