Operations Manager (Third Party Manufacturing)
Salary MYR132,000 - MYR156,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 15 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-14 fmcg Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 132000 156000 156000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A world leading FMCG manufacturer has an Operations Manager (Third Party Manufacturing) job that has just arisen. The role will oversee the operations of third-party manufacturers, providing technical support in cost-saving and process improvement projects. This position reports to the Head of Supply Chain.
About the Operations Manager (Third Party Manufacturing) Role:
In this business critical position, you will be responsible for leading the demand and supply reconciliation process with the internal supply chain team and overseeing the manufacturing operations and strategic directions of third-party manufacturers.
- Provide technical leadership for production capabilities and performance through engagement with the operation management team of the co-manufacturers
- Lead the weekly Supply Chain Inventory Management meeting and resolve production planning issues between the planners of the co-manufacturers, regional demand forecast team as well as supply planners
- Coordinate with co-manufacturers for the management and improvement of resource deployment, budgets and assets to achieve cost and productivity targets
- Coordinate and facilitate projects related to new product development and improvement projects (cost reduction, new packaging materials, etc.) to ensure that project resources are managed effectively to meet the required timeline and budget
- Propose and manage CAPEX requests for improvement projects that benefits the business operations
- Lead strategic projects focused on the development of co-manufactures, including project plan and business case to improve overall performance
- Lead Key Performance Index review meetings with co-manufacturers and propose resolution for areas of concern
- Resolve and escalate issues to higher management in a timely manner for incompliance to manufacturing practices or production issue due to capacity constraints
To be successful in this role, you must have prior production experience within the FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Food Science/Engineering/Supply Chain Management or any relevant field of study
- Eight years of operations experience in the FMCG manufacturing environment
- Prior experience handling third party manufacturers is advantageous
- Technical knowledge in FMCG manufacturing processes and packaging technology will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies is ideal
- Strong knowledge in new product development, manufacturing performance evaluation, project management and budget preparation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill to communicate with various levels of management within the organisation
- Possess good problem solving and analytical skills
This company needs no introduction and is very well-known across the globe, being the market leader in their product category.
This challenging but exciting Operations Manager (Third Party Manufacturing) role will need to meet the stakeholders'demands in developing the business and its strategic direction. If you have a proven track record of strong leadership skills in production and contract manufacturing management, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C