Plant Manager (Heavy Industry)
Salary Lucrative Package
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 08 April 20192019-04-08 2019-06-07 manufacturing-and-production Malacca MY MYR 20000 25000 25000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A leading industrial parts manufacturer (B2B) has a new Plant Manager job that has just arisen. The role will be reponsible for leading factory operations and improving overall quality, safety, on-time delivery and conversion costs for the firm.
About the Plant Manager (Heavy Industry) Role:
In this position, you will be instrumental in driving and implementing strategies to improve key operational KPIs in safety, inventory management, production, engineering/ maintenance, quality and conversion costs.
- Ensure high quality product delivery and continuous improvement in the processes
- Ensure strict compliance to Company processes and procedures, drive ISO standards (ISO 9001 & ISO 14001) in execution
- Lead initiatives to control cost, manage down wastage and drive Lean/ Six Sigma type improvement initiatives throughout operations
- Manage financial, daily operational reporting, regularly track and measure performance/ utilisation/ efficiency of the factory assets
- Drive total quality management excellence and mindset throughout the operations
- Develop, present and implement policies, processes (including vision, culture, values) and systems to ensure the operations of the business are aligned to organisation’s target
- Ensure the effective preparation of operation budgets
- Review, examine for variances and manage actual performance to budgets throughout the financial year
- Provide high clarity and focus to teams, giving clear direction, regular feedback and lead, motivate others to improve performance and engage people widely across the organisation
To succeed in this Plant Manager (Heavy Industry) role, you need to have both Lean/ Six Sigma as well as factory operations experience in metal, rubber, building materials or other relevant heavy industry.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, chemical, metallurgical or manufacturing related field
- Over 10 years of factory management experience; 3 years of which in a Plant Manager/ Operations Manager role (leading several functional pillars) of a medium sized (150-300 employees) production facility in heavy manufacturing industry (Eg. metal, rubber, building materials)
- Proven track record of leading continuous improvement initiatives (Lean/ Six Sigma)
- Strong integrity and appreciation for company compliance policies
- Able to hold self and others to high standards and set a strong example of an agent of culture change
- Able to manage daily reporting, including financial reporting and supply chain operations tracking
- Strong leadership skills, experienced in leading large teams and able to drive performance and talent management
- Proactive, resourceful and detailed in follow-ups
- Highly self-motivated, adaptable and willing to be hands-on
- Able to resolve conflicts, excellent stakeholder engagement capability and interpersonal skills
This organisation has experienced tremendous growth over the past 20 years. The firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a global leader in supplying high quality industrial parts which are used in intermediary processing equipment.
If you have a successful track record of managing manufacturing operations and enjoy the challenge of leading cultural change and continuous operations improvement, this is the role for you.
Apply today or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C