Head of Tooling
Salary Good Package
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Sharon Wong
Date posted 03 December 2018 2018-12-032019-02-01 aerospace Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A leading US-headquartered aerospace manufacturer is seeking an inspiring Head of Tooling to join its team to manage the delivery of the tooling service and the development of the tooling strategy. This job position is based in Petaling Jaya and reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Services.
About the Head of Tooling Role:
This is a great opportunity for a Tooling Manager who enjoys being hands on with product design as well as minimising waste (increasing yield). You will have the chance to be part of the bigger organisation's manufacturing aerostructure through your effort in product design. Your main responsibilities include keeping track of the tool design as well as the reliability of the tool vendors to ensure long-term stream of tools in meeting customer requirements.
- Provide relevant support in terms of co-ordination of all new and repaired tooling lead-time and negotiation for best possible cost with tooling vendors
- Guide draughtsmen whenever necessary in ensuring a complete and detail tooling drawing are done for each rubber part mould being manufactured
- Manage and support engineering activities in troubleshooting mould-related issues
- Responsible for providing creative solution to mould design and determine its suitability to existing process and machine
- Ensure team members are performing general tooling maintenance, proper storage and recording of all engineering tooling consistently
- Manage all new tooling costing and expenses
To succeed in this Head of Tooling role, you must possess strong knowledge of tooling design and a background in draughtsmanship, preferably in the metal or automation industry. You must have the ability to work with customers, vendors and the engineering department.
- Degree / Diploma Holder in engineering or science
- Minimum 15 years' relevant experience in Tooling Department in a Mould, Jig, Fixtures or Manufacturing industry, preferably familiar with metal or automation industry
- Proven track record with successful products in mid- to high-volume fast-paced environment
- Practical knowledge of ISO 9001/ISO 14001
- Must be willing to travel within / out of Malaysia
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. As they are now rapidly expanding, they are looking for innovative leaders with creative visionary and big ideas.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Tooling role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125