Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 19 November 2018 2018-11-192019-01-18 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An established packaging material company is looking for a Plant Manager to lead the production, maintenance, engineering and quality operations.
About the Plant Manager Role:
In this position, you will manage the shopfloor operations to ensure that customer requirements are met with optimum cost, stringent quality requirements, efficient equipment utilisation and in accordance with local law and regulations.
- Establish plant operations resources for all departments and ensure integrated harmonisation between the various departments
- Develop and implement continuous product and process improvement methodologies and tools
- Plan and strategise with Finance, Planners, Buyer, Maintenance and Production team inputs to drive process improvements opportunities including product costing, accounting and management reporting
- Ensure inventory accuracy and supply reliability
- Identify opportunities to manufacture efficiently at cost effective level by increasing productivity, debottlenecking processes and implement innovation in the production floor
- Setup and maintain an effective compliance system of control to ensure that operations operate within the local regulatory framework and contractual requirements
- Lead the effort to improve team collaboration across the organisation to create solidarity
- Manage and escalate plant design and technical issues
To succeed in the Plant Manager role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capability and able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programs.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or relevant field of study
- 12 years working experience in an operations leadership role within packaging or continuous chemical processing manufacturing industry
- Possess strong business acumen, influential, operations process driven and focused on driving operations excellence
- Able to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- Willing to work on the ground operation level to resolve issues
This company has recorded a strong growth track and is one of the market leaders in packaging solutions for the fast moving consumer goods industry.
If you are someone who is strategic, forward-thinking and possess strong determination to achieve success, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125