Packaging Development Manager
Salary MYR84,000 - MYR96,000 per annum
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 28 September 2018 2018-09-282018-11-23 fmcg Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world-renown FMCG manufacturer is looking for a Packaging Development Manager to deliver end-to-end packaging development activities from conceptual requirement to printed packaging within the Asia Pacific and Middle East region. This position reports to the Head of Packaging Development.
About the Packaging Development Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible in ensuring that all new packaging developments specifications are delivered in full on time and are compliant with packaging guideline, and brand standards.
- Managing the end-to-end process for the assigned packaging development projects and initiatives which includes resource management, quality management and compliance to the regulatory standards
- Engage regularly with external suppliers and partners, and share ways of working on new materials, printing technologies and new finishing technologies
- Develop and obtain digital approvals and specification required for packaging materials by using appropriate process, internal systems, methods technologies and supply sources
- Manage artwork agencies for creation and release of packaging
- Managing and maintenance of all relevant systems related to packaging development initiatives and projects
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of the development projects against the agreed targets
- Tracking and monitoring the budget for development activities within the assigned responsibilities and projects
- Work closely with operating companies and suppliers in Asia Pacific & Middle East region
- Provide technical input and recommendations on packaging development related matters to stakeholders
- Promoting and integrating ways of working within the development portfolios and teams
- Perform development cost estimation and potential product cost analysis and impact based on price segmentation of a market
To be successful in this role, you must have prior packaging development experience within the FMCG manufacturing industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Agriculture or related field of study
- Minimum five years' packaging development experience, ideally within the FMCG industry
- Technical background including graphic design, material development, mechanical engineering, production or manufacturing engineering and materials science
- Strong understanding of broad range packaging materials and packaging solutions
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing processes including graphics, structure and materials
- Good problem-solving skills using root-cause analysis
- Proven track record in providing strategic direction, planning and establishing priorities that ensure an effective work structure which maximises productivity and achieves goals
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English as the candidate would need to work closely with English-speaking counterparts
This company needs no introduction and is very well-known across the globe, being the market leader in their product category.
This is a very challenging Packaging Development Manager role that will be expected to meet the demands involved in developing the business across the Asia Pacific and Middle East region. If you have a proven track record of strong product development experience within the FMCG manufacturing industry, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125