Production Manager, Johor
Salary From RM80,000 per annum and above
Location Johor Bahru
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 09 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A global renowned specialty chemical manufacturer is looking for a Production Manager to be based in Johor Bharu, Malaysia. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role will have the responsibility to lead the entire manufacturing & production department to ensure production output target are met or exceed expectation as well as compliance to the organisation EHS & policy and procedure.
About the Production Manager Role:
As the Production Manager, you will have the chance to work with top management as well as be responsible for the entire shop floor operation, hence expected to be hands on and deal with shop floor employees such as technician and operators. As the team is relatively young, dynamic and energetic, you must be able to resolve misunderstanding towards cultivating a healthy competitive, collaborative and team cohesiveness environment. With that an effective initiative such as QMS, EHS, lean and continuous improvement, could further drive down overall cost of goods sold (COGS) and improve betterment of the workplace, product and for the employees.
- Develop, improve and refine standard operating procedure (SOP) of the overall manufacturing process according to the short term as well as long term business growth
- Take ownership in delivering expected result in performance, COGS, quality, and lead time.
- Lead overall management of production operation including material management, production planning, manpower management, machine management, quality and EHS.
- Drive Lean initiatives through the department
- Responsible in ensuring adherence and compliance to the local government regulation as well as required QMS, including ISO 9001, HALAL, and GxP
In order for you to excel in this Production Manager role, you should be or had been working in the Chemical manufacturing industry to appreciate the complexity of high mix, low volume type of setup as well as have the agility to anticipate various challenges in such a dynamic and fast pace industry. If you bring along with strong foundation in managing core manufacturing function, you will certainly be an added advantage to be considered.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Chemistry Engineering or equivalent
- At least seven years' professional experience in leading manufacturing & production
- At least two years' in managerial position
- Proven manufacturing experience in similar industries (food, chemical, bio/pharma) would be preferred.
- Quality and performance orientated / GMP understanding
- Professional expertise in driving lean manufacturing
This leading speciality chemical manufacturer and brand have an outstanding regional and domestic portfolio that would resonate in many consumer chemical manufacturer in Malaysia as well as the region which put high emphasis on the value and quality of its product. This encourages them to further develop its people and business to remain as a staple brand name and bring it to the next level of growth.
If you are a progressive Factory Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in this established company that you can relate with while be in a great organisation that desire to be even better.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125