Head of Bus MRO
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1907940/001
Date posted 11 March 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/maintenance-service 2023-03-21 2023-05-10 transport-and-rail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 240000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A leading transportation service provider is looking for a dynamic candidate for a Head of Bus MRO job to lead all maintenance, repair, and overhaul initiatives for the network of busses. This position reports directly to the COO.
About the Head of Bus MRO Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for leading the technical and engineering transformation strategy, long-term roadmap and annual implementation plan to support overall technological and engineering management, development, growth and turnaround of the organisation.
- Formulate and determine the business and functional direction and in line with the strategies, plans and targets of the company
- Establish and oversee technical and operational control measures to support and increase the profitability performance
- Lead the Conceptual Engineering Team for improvements and tactical engineering projects
- Formulate initiatives through implementation of technical solutions with a view on improving the company’s financial performance and efficiency inclusive of cost-savings, value engineering, etc.
- Oversee and drive research on viable innovative technological innovations and solutions to address engineering and operational challenges
- Develop maintenance and fleet strategy and annual operating plan to increase service reliability with the goal of reducing cases of Return to Depot and sustaining Bus Availability target
- Oversee implementation of actionable strategies on Operational Continuous Improvements to support provision of efficient and reliable services
- Lead industry standards and internal policy compliance requirements and initiative including but not limited to IMS, Risk Management System and preparation and revitalisation of the SOPs
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance sustainability, efficiency, and effectiveness of Depot operations
- Lead resolution of crisis in relation to technical issues for the operational areas
- Oversee efficient service delivery of the information technology function towards achieving the company’s business objectives inclusive of direct support and development of IT solutions to mitigate and resolve operational and technical challenges
- Lead and strategise compliance initiative to prevailing Government Policies inclusive Green Procurement
- Oversee continuity and validity of operational OPEX contracts including but not limited to subscription of services, etc.
- Establish and sustain relationship with internal and external stakeholders with the aim to align with company’s vision and mission, help sustain smooth operations from mutual trust, as well as enhance business integrity and opportunities
- Oversee the unit’s staff recruitment and development that will enhance and sustain its capabilities in achieving high performance delivery and internal succession
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to subordinates for them to develop and internalise the right behaviours, mindset, and capabilities
To succeed in this Head of Bus MRO role, you must have prior maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) experience, preferably handling busses.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of 20 years' experience in manufacturing or maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
- Familiarity with handling engineering transformation initiatives
- Experience handling maintenance and repair of busses would be a huge advantage
- Proven track record in providing strategic direction, planning, and establishing priorities that ensure an effective work structure which maximises productivity and achieves goals
- Strong business acumen, influential, operations process driven and focused on driving operations excellence
- Ability to lead the process to establish all relevant statutory authority requirements and risk mitigation to ensure smooth local authority approvals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Ability to interact and build relationships with all personnel, including those from other departments while motivating and inspiring team members
- Bring about a positive change to an organisation
The organisation is an entrepreneurial and high growth business with a strong reputation. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, dynamic, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Bus MRO role.
Apply now or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
+603 2303 7043
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR336,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 March 2023A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Plantation Operations job to lead and strategise all the plantation operations and improvement initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Bandar Baru EnstekDate posted: 20 March 2023A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is recruiting for a Head of Engineering job to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world-class manufacturing plant. In this job, you will report to the Operations Director.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 February 2023A large plantation company is seeking a Head of Sustainability to develop and implement the social, environmental, and economic sustainability policies. In this job, you will report to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 February 2023A rapidly growing airline business is recruiting for a Head of Air Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This job reports to the CEO.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 February 2023One of the leading food manufacturing companies is recruiting for a Head of Operations job to be responsible for the general management of production, maintenance, quality, and warehouse, as well as lead the dynamic and continuous improvement of the organisation. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.