Head of Engineering
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Bandar Baru EnstekFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1843650/001
Date posted 07 November 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/maintenance-service 2022-11-18 2023-01-06 food-manufacturing Bandar Baru Enstek MY MYR 240000 360000 360000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world-class manufacturing plant. In this job, you will report to the Operations Director.
About the Head of Engineering Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for implementing maintenance deliverables, driving standardisation, delivering systematic improvement programs and manufacturing enabled innovation and providing support, leadership and technical expertise to enhance Malaysia plant performance.
- Design the development and strategy plans for the plant maintenance, CAPEX projects, utilities, and facilities management departments in line with company’s vision and objectives
- Ensure that effective preventive maintenance plans and strategies are implemented to improve the reliability of the operations
- Actively engage in eliminating breakdown and stoppages and maintain site at optimal condition for plant and equipment
- Ensure that all projects are executed safely and within specification, time frame and budget
- Manage the departmental budgets and recommending cost-effective solutions regarding repairs or purchases to maintain facilities
- Carry out project feasibility studies, justifications and acquiring bid/quotations to support capital expenditure requirements
- Perform capital and expense budgeting and budget control as well as the implementation of required capital projects necessary for repair and modernisation
- Coordinate all project activities with plant personnel and ensure plant GMP standards are upkept
- Ensure all maintenance and site wide facilities documentation is executed in accordance with Good Documentation Practices
- Ensure proper risk management and compliance of company’s internal policies and relevant external rules and regulations
- Provide support and leadership to ensure efficient and effective utilisation of plant’s assets through internal initiatives, addressing all problems related to equipment, human skill, and system deficiencies
- Ensure team/project compliance to EHS, GMP/Quality, Policy of Business Conduct, Healthcare compliance and other related worldwide, regional, and local policies and business regulations
- Ensure competency development plans are monitored for the maintenance and facilities management teams
To succeed in this Head of Engineering role, you must have at least 15 years' plant equipment maintenance, CAPEX project management and facilities/utilities management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or a relevant field of study
- Minimum of 15 years' plant maintenance experience, with at least eight years in a leadership role within a FMCG manufacturing environment
- Solid experience and knowledge of maintenance and operations, from a strategic point of view
- Ability to set up and drive improvement initiatives and manage changes from the shop floor within the department
- Strong understanding of preventive maintenance
- Experience working on ERP systems like SAP and SCADA controlled plant operations is highly regarded
- Proficient knowledge of TPM and RCM, with the ability to see the bigger picture in multi-year maintenance strategic development, i.e., prepare for the next level of maintenance excellence
- Knowledgeable in GMP, HACCP and ISO standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work and interact effectively in a team-based environment
- Versatile, organised, result oriented and enjoy the challenge of working in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Technically competent with proven managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to engage in strategic thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with fine attention to detail and quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
This company is renowned internationally for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With their products being sold in over 180 countries, they are a market leader in their category.
If you are a forward-thinking and dynamic individual with prior solid experience in plant maintenance and CAPEX project management within manufacturing plants, this Head of Engineering role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022One of the country’s leading flour millers is seeking a Flour Milling Lead to lead all operations, development and optimisation efforts within the flour mills across the country. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 November 2022A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Oil Palm Breeding job to lead and strategise all the research and development initiatives for oil palm planting. This position reports to the Head of Biotechnology.
Salary: MYR192,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 November 2022A renowned environmental organisation is recruiting for a Head of Biodiversity job to lead and implement all sustainability standards pertaining to biodiversity and High Conservation Value subject matters. This position reports to the Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR480,000 - MYR600,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 November 2022A leading plantation group is seeking a Head of Plant Breeding & Biotechnology to lead and strategise all the R&D, plant breeding and biotechnology initiatives. This position reports to the Chief R&D Officer.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 November 2022An established FMCG company is seeking a Regional Senior Engineering Manager to champion the technical excellence initiatives within their plants in the region. This job reports to the Regional Engineering Head.