Salary Market Aligned
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Job Ref 1846200/001
Date posted 01 September 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/maintenance-service 2022-09-01 2022-10-31 automation-control Batu Kawan, Penang, Malaysia Batu Kawan, Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Project Manager job has become available at a world-leading multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang. This role will be key in supporting and managing customer projects at new operations in Malaysia.
About the Project Manager Role:
As part of the geographical expansion and to support the growth in the Asian market, this role will be reporting directly to the CTO of APAC. You will serve as a direct link between customers and the technical departments of headquarters.
- Establish project budget, monitor and control of all cost aspects of the project, obtain approvals and take actions to avoid cost overruns
- Lead the project team towards realising product development
- Account for project targets in terms of time, cost and scope (quality)
- Plan, coordinate and manage the interfaces between various project phases and various contracts including design, procurement, commissioning and start-up
- Provide clear and focus leadership for project team to create a vision for the project success and a strategy to fit that vision
- Utilise project management methodologies, processes and tools
- Be responsible for project RFQ activities and target costing
- Constantly monitor and report status of the project to the management
- Contribute competency evaluation and project goal achievement of project team members to functional/line managers
- Identify, implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve desired output
- Develop and implement recovery plans for unforeseen occurrences
- Coach project team to achieve project goals
- Negotiate differences with customers and internally to fulfil project goals
- Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the organisation's business strategies, with some impact on business unit/function overall results
To succeed in this Project Manager role, you must have experience in application engineer or customer technical support across semiconductor or electronics manufacturing industries.
- Degree in engineering or equivalent work/industry experience
- Minimum of eight years of work experience as a Project Engineer in the automation industry
- Prior experience with capital equipment or printed circuit boards preferred (not mandatory)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive self-starter attitude with organised and independent work ethic
This multinational manufacturing firm is well recognised in the industry and is a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. There are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company and offers a great work environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Project Manager role is right for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-240 2132 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1846200.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KulimDate posted: 29 September 2022A Process/Equipment Engineer (Senior/Staff) job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Kulim, Kedah. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for an individual who has a can-do attitude handling the process engineering or equipment engineering of a prototyping plant in who can manage operations in an electronic device manufacturing industry with high-mix, high-volume production.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 27 September 2022An exciting Senior Application Engineer job in a leading multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang has just become available. This role is the key person to support and manage customer projects at new operations in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 13 September 2022An exciting Senior Facility (Electrical) Engineer job has become available at a multinational manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang. You will be part of the pioneer team in this greenfield project. For now, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager for Facility and EHS department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 04 September 2022An exciting Senior System Control Engineer job based in Kedah has just become available in the newly setup global automation team of a prestigious electronics manufacturing and production firm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 11 August 2022An exciting Senior Mechanical Design Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading electronics multinational manufacturing and production firms to be based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Manager, this is a role for a talent who is leader in the field.