Salary Market Aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1833050/001
Date posted 08 August 2022johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/maintenance-service 2022-08-08 2022-10-07 manufacturing-and-production Johor Bahru MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An ecofriendly company is seeking an Electrical Engineer to carry out electrical maintenance activities of the newly built biofuel plant. This position directly reports to the Project Director.
About the Electrical Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be responsible to manage all maintenance activities to support the daily production, quality and safety objectives of the plant.
- Provide engineering support through design and detailed engineering services to operations and maintenance projects or component modification
- Establish condition monitoring strategies, review existing programmes and assess findings
- Examine and review plant equipment data/trends and maintenance work performance, conduct root-cause analysis regularly to identify opportunities for improvement of equipment reliability and maintenance work efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish, continually improve and execute the company’s maintenance management system in a safe, efficient and effective way to achieve highest equipment reliability and availability objectives
- Ensure all electrical maintenance activities are carried out in accordance to the company’s SHE and quality standards, engineering and maintenance management system, statutory requirements and best industry practices
- Oversee, manage, and supervise the company’s in-house and external contractors for all electrical maintenance/upgrading works
- Support project execution and interface between the project team and operations/maintenance team during commissioning
- Draft and revise maintenance work procedures, risk assessments and work instructions
- Conduct training for members and in-house contract workers on specific technical topics
- Coordinate with external vendors on spare parts/services
- Support the planner in optimising and managing electrical maintenance inventory level of critical and non-critical equipment spare parts
- Take charge of all electrical systems including LV, transformer room, electrical and instrumentation installation
- Provide field operations and maintenance support to the plant head
- Supervise operations/maintenance team and contractors related to plant electrical equipment
- Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure the equipment is operating in good condition
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintenance of all equipment and electrical instruments within internal capabilities
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices to deliver quality field operation
The successful candidate must possess at least five years of experience with a plant and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Degree in electrical engineering/ building services engineering
- At least five years of relevant experience in executing maintenance and engineering work within chemical/ olochemical/petrochemical/pharmaceutical/oil and gas industries
- Good technical knowledge in the functionality of HT, LT Switchboards, Transformers, Generators, Motor Starters, Testing and Commissioning
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with SAP or other similar CMMS
- Autocad skills is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload while delivering high accuracy/quality works
- Positive attitude, independent and fast learner
- Good proficiency in English (Both verbal and written communication skills)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin with ability to communicate and collaborate effectively is an advantage
This company has a strong international reputation in its field. They are planning their next phase of growth and are seeking talented individuals to join them in this journey.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great global working opportunities await the right person in this Electrical Engineer role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KulimDate posted: 11 September 2022An exciting Staff Process Engineer job based in Kulim, Kedahin a world-leading manufacturing and production company in the electronics solutions industry has just become available. This role is the key person to develop, maintain and troubleshoot process related systems and issues.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Pasir GudangDate posted: 14 August 2022A leading food manufacturing company is recruiting for a QA Supplier Manager job to be responsible for wide range of supplier quality activity at vendor's factory. This role reports to the Senior Quality Assurance Supplier Manager.