Head of Engineering
Salary MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1813320/001
Date posted 08 June 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/maintenance-service 2022-06-08 2022-08-07 engineering Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 300000 360000 360000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the fleet maintenance and airworthiness initiatives during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. In this job, you will report to the CEO.
About the Head of Engineering Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for implementing maintenance deliverables, ensuring airworthiness, delivering systematic improvement programs, and providing support, leadership and technical expertise to enhance the operations performance.
- Designing the development and strategy plans for the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and airworthiness management departments in line with company’s vision and objectives
- Implementing production, productivity enhancement quality and service standards, including cost optimisation initiatives without compromising on the company’s ability to perform within external customers’ predefined operating metrices and service levels
- Analysing effectiveness of the current process workflow within inter-departmental policies and procedures, and the associated manpower and other relevant cost structures and whenever required, to identify potential improvements and to initiate necessary improvements
- In relation to sourcing of materials and parts and outsourcing of activities, ensuring that the relevant key terms, especially pricing are benchmarked against the industry standards and incorporate the best practices whenever expedient
- Ensuring that all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformity with the organisation’s established policies and objectives
- Utilising best practices engineering methods to provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- Incorporating all functions related to safety testing, repair, and maintenance of all equipment used in an organisation.
- Planning for the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment and make sure that the plans are rightfully executed by competent and qualified employees
- Performing capital and expense budgeting and budget control as well as the implementation of required capital projects necessary for enhancement and modernisation
- Resolving conflicts and operational problems, completing audits, identifying trends, and always ensuring compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements, such as those from CAAM, BOMBA, local municipal councils, local ministerial requirements, etc.
- Providing support and leadership to ensure efficient and effective utilisation of company’s assets through internal initiatives, addressing all problems related to equipment, human skill, and system deficiencies
To be successful in this role, you must have at least 15 years of aircraft maintenance and airworthiness management experience within the airline industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in aerospace engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum of 15 years of aircraft operations and maintenance experience within the aviation industry
- Prior experience managing the approved maintenance organisation (AMO) and continuing airworthiness management organisation (CAMO) department within an airline is highly preferred
- Solid knowledge of data analytics and the aviation industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work and interact effectively in a team-based environment
- Versatile, organised, result oriented and enjoy the challenge of working in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Technically competent with proven managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage in strategic thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with fine attention to detail and quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
The organisation is an entrepreneurial and high growth business with a strong reputation and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a forward-thinking and dynamic individual with prior solid experience in fleet maintenance and airworthiness management within the aviation industry, this Head of Engineering role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 June 2022A leading edible oils manufacturer is seeking a Head of Plant Operations to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing-related activities. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 June 2022A rapidly growing airline business is recruiting for a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2022A leading civil and structure main contractor in Kuala Lumpur that serves domestic and international project across infrastructure (highway, earth work, bridges, water treatment plants, rail), chemical and industrial plants, etc., is seeking a Project Director (C&S) specialising in civil and structure (C&S). In this job, you will be responsible for leading the entire C&S team working on multi-site projects.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022A renowned international food manufacturer is recruiting for an Engineering Manager job to lead all greenfield and brownfield engineering and CAPEX projects in the plants throughout the region. This position will be reporting to the Manufacturing Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 May 2022A market leading FMCG manufacturing company is looking for an OHS Director (APAC Region) to provide strategic direction for OHS (Occupational Health) policies, ensure effective implementation of OHS management system & programs at various regional sites and provide thought leadership.