Head of M&E
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 12 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-11 building-and-construction Kuantan MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established port operator is looking for a Head of M&E to lead all new installation and maintenance of the mechanical and electrical infrastructure of the port, terminals and shipping yards. This position reports to the Senior Facilities Manager.
About the Head of M&E Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations for the management of the facilities, policies, projects and processes of the property.
- Lead operations and strategic direction with full responsibilities for asset maintenance cost and asset performance; including long-range cost planning, people development, contractor management, HSE and risk management
- Direct all operations for asset total life cycle starting from equipment design, equipment maintenance and repair until equipment disposal
- Perform monthly financial evaluation on asset maintenance cost and asset performance
- Maintain a continuous supply of utilities in business area. In the event of a partial or complete supply interruption, must determine the cause and take immediate action to correct the faulty and reconnect the supply
- Guide and lead the electrical group in carrying out schedule for preventive and corrective maintenance, electrical equipment troubleshooting and repair activities
- Enforce the safe practices and observation of electrical safety measure and precautions
- Implement and execute energy saving programmes effectively and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all machines and electrical equipment are functioning satisfactorily
- Correct facilities equipment breakdown and analyse to prevent in future
To succeed in this Head of M&E role, you should have over eight years of building M&E management experience, preferably within the port industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of eight years' working experience in facilities management
- Prior experience handling M&E projects in the port is highly advantageous
- BO Electrical Chargeman Certificate from Suruhanjaya Tenaga is highly regarded
- Strong building and construction project management experience
- Good problem-solving and crisis management skill obtained through years of experience in troubleshooting building maintenance and management problems, and handling crisis situations
- Clear thinking with strong analytical abilities with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have a good grasp of process efficiency methodology and a good eye in cost management
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines with ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in both speaking and writing English
- High ethical standards and able to convey professionalism and leadership to users of the facilities
- Passion for efficiency and effectiveness
With some exciting major development to take place in this port, it will soon be one of the largest and busiest ports throughout the entire region, acting as a pivotal midpoint between the East and West.
If you are seeking for a challenging and driven Head of M&E role with a rapidly growing organisation with great prospects, this is the right opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C