Head of Facilities and Maintenance
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR192,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 08 August 20192019-09-10 2019-10-07 building-and-construction Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 192000 192000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A market leading fitness club chain is looking for a Head of Facilities and Maintenance to lead the operations, maintenance and facilities management of the fitness clubs and corporate office. This position reports to the Country Manager.
About the Head of Facilities and Maintenance Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations in the management of the facilities, policies, projects and processes of the property, along with handling all new site setup and existing sites’ refurbishment projects.
- Managing and overseeing facilities specific operations and maintenance processes and procedures, overseeing day-to-day performance of multisite technician teams
- Managing the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) system including scheduling the works, refining processes, etc.
- Identifying best practices along with the regional counterparts to increase longevity of facilities and to reduce cost/time to maintain or operate
- Recruiting, managing, training and developing the technicians who shall have the day-to-day responsibilities of implementing the PPM and job requests on time and in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Auditing the club facilities and equipment to ensure that the PPM and job request systems are being properly implemented to ensure first class facilities are provided to the members
- Maintaining sufficient and safe physical office space with a conducive and healthy working environment to staff and its clients
- Managing and ensuring that the condition and safety of office premises are in compliance with relevant regulatory and group policies and procedures e.g. health and safety policies including conducting emergency evacuation exercise and incident management
- Engaging and managing landlords and vendors to provide repairs and maintenance to premises on a timely basis and with quality
- Developing and managing plans and annual budget for department and function, scheduling expenditure and analysing cost and variances
- Strategising, formulating, developing and driving key strategic business initiatives, service insight contribution and standardisation of operations, policies, guidelines and design related to the properties
- Maintaining and safeguarding the physical assets and services including identifying potential causes of accident loss, recommending and implementing preventive measures, devising plans to minimise costs and damage for effective cost management control and containment
- Leading and project managing any office expansion initiatives and renovation works of existing sites
- Managing and developing team to have necessary skills and competencies to support functional responsibilities including their training needs and career performance management
- Develop and retain competent production workforce by providing leadership, coaching, training and motivation
- Overseeing all minor refurbishment works (planning, pre-construction, construction and post construction), coordinating with designers and contractors to ensure timely completion in accordance with country standards
- Accountable for facilities department and related CAPEX budgeting process, and overseeing the proper budgeting and utilisation of production department budget
To be successful in this role, you should have over 10 years of facilities management experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical distribution industry.
- Degree in engineering, property management, property/real estate management or related fields of study
- Minimum ten years of working experience in facilities management, including five years in a managerial capacity
- Prior experience managing multisite is ideal
- Prior experience in remotely managing technicians is highly preferable
- Good problem-solving and crisis management skills obtained through years of experience in troubleshooting building maintenance and management problems, and handling crisis situations
- Clear thinking with strong analytical abilities with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have a good grasp of process efficiency methodology and a good eye in cost management
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines with the ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in both speaking and writing English
- High ethical standards and able to convey professionalism and leadership to users of the office facilities
- Passion for efficiency and effectiveness
With a presence within the fitness services industry for over three decades, this company continues to be a market leader for their category by being at the forefront of adaptability and innovation.
If you are seeking for a challenging and driven Head of Facilities and Maintenance role with a rapidly growing organisation with great prospects, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C