Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 31 July 20192019-07-31 2019-09-29 engineering Shah Alam MY MYR 5000 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading equipment manufacturer and service company in the HVAC industry is looking for an Applications Engineer to lead and manage the technical proposals for clients. In this job, you will report to the Area Manager.
About the Applications Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading and managing the basic and detailed engineering design, and project/tender bids based on internal and external stakeholders’ requirements.
- Joint customer visits with the sales team for pre-qualification of projects
- Advise customers on HVAC system design
- Work with field sales personnel to develop new accounts and relationships, as well as maintain existing relationships
- Read the chilled water system drawing, tender specification and ensure the correct selection and sizing required for tender enquires
- Liaise with the sales team to understand the customer requirements and ensure that quotations are prepared correctly and within deadline for customers
- Liaise with the internal support team on compilation of documentation for tender submissions
- Prepare all necessary documents (drawings, bid proposals, etc.)
- Prepare the draft costing sheet for tender for the Sales Team Manager to review project pricing
- Coordinate on the technical, quality and application matter with the regional headquarters when needed
- Work collectively with managers and other sales and service staff to achieve the target set for sales
- Work with service team in supervision of testing and commissioning of the system
- Perform any other related duties/assignments as and when directed by superiors
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience as an Applications Engineer in the HVAC industry.
- Tertiary education in air conditioning and industrial refrigeration/mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience in design, application and strong technical knowledge within HVAC industry, added advantage if possess business development and sales skills
- Proven capacity to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Good communication skills, able to meet tight schedules and work independently and ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English. Knowledge of other Asian languages would be an added advantage and the candidate is required to work with regional stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills with excellent stakeholder management
- Must be hands-on and self-motivated
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Applications Engineer role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C