Head of Facilities
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 12 May 20192019-05-23 2019-07-11 pharmaceuticals Shah Alam MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An established international pharmaceuticals and healthcare distribution company is looking for a Head of Facilities to lead the operations and facilities management of the manufacturing plant, warehouse, distribution centre and the corporate office. This job reports to the Head of Distribution Centre.
About the Head of Facilities Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations for the management of the facilities, policies, projects and processes of the property.
- Maintaining sufficient and safe physical office space with conducive and healthy working environment to staff and its clients
- Managing and ensuring that the condition and safety of office premises are in compliance with relevant regulatory and group policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety policies including conducting emergency evacuation exercise and incident management.
- Ensuring all procurement are conducted with due diligence and in compliance with prescribed policies and procedures
- Engaging and managing landlords and vendors to provide repairs and maintenance to office premises on timely basis and with quality
- Developing and managing plans and annual budget for department and function, scheduling expenditure and analysing cost and variances
- Strategising formulating, developing and driving key strategic business initiatives, service insight contribution and standardisation of operations, policies, guidelines and design related to the properties
- Maintaining and safeguarding the physical assets and services including identifying potential causes of accident loss, recommending and implementing preventive measures, devising plans to minimise costs and damage for effective cost management control and containment
- Formulating high degree of corporate transparency, integrity, strong corporate governance, compliance of audits and statutory requirements, leveraging on integrated technology platform to enhance efficiency through better systems and processes
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of the reception and internal mail delivery and travel management of staff
- Leading and project managing any office expansion initiatives and renovation works of existing offices
- Managing and developing the team to have necessary skills and competencies to support functional responsibilities including their training needs and career performance management
- Develop and retain competent production workforce by providing leadership, coaching, training and motivation
- Accountable for facilities department and related CAPEX budgeting process, and overseeing the proper budgeting and utilisation of production department budget
- Act as Internal Auditor to perform self-Inspection, provide support in audit programmes
To be successful in this role, you should have over 10 years of facilities management experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical distribution industry.
- Degree in Property Management, Business Administration, Property/Real Estate Management or related field of study
- Minimum 10 years' experience in facilities management
- Prior experience handling warehouses and distribution centres
- Prior experience managing the facilities of a cold room is ideal
- Good problem-solving and crisis management skill obtained through years of experience in troubleshooting building maintenance and management problems, and handling crisis situations
- Clear thinking with strong analytical abilities with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have a good grasp of process efficiency methodology and a good eye in cost management
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines with ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in both speaking and writing English
- High ethical standards and able to convey professionalism and leadership to users of the office facilities
- Passion for efficiency and effectiveness
This leading international pharmaceuticals and health care firm is very established and is recognised as the market leader within their category, and always at the forefront of innovation.
If you are seeking for a challenging and driven Head of Facilities role with a rapidly growing organisation and great career prospects, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C