VP, Technical – Theme Parks
Salary MYR480,000 - MYR600,000 per annum + Attractive Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 12 May 20192019-05-12 2019-07-11 travel-and-tourism Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 480000 600000 600000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A renowned public-listed company in Malaysia is looking for a dynamic VP, Technical – Theme Parks. In this job, you will lead, strategise and manage all maintenance initiatives and construction projects for the soon-to-be largest theme park across the region. This position reports to the Senior Vice President – Theme Parks.
About the VP, Technical – Theme Parks Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for implementing maintenance deliverables, driving standardisation, delivering systematic improvement programs and innovation while providing support, leadership and technical expertise to enhance the performance of the theme parks.
- Planning and organising a yearly comprehensive preventive maintenance programme and to monitor its timely execution to ensure all theme park rides, machines and facilities are operating smoothly
- Ensuring that the safety standards are in compliance to regulatory requirements with the best possible ride conditions to meet customer expectations
- Formulating/reviewing pre-opening checklists for the inspection of all theme park rides, machines and facilities to ensure safety checks before handover to the operations team
- Setting general directions and action plans to attend to ad hoc breakdowns and emergencies with immediate response and prompt repairs to reinstate the affected rides, machines and facilities back in operations at the earliest possible time
- Formulating strategies and action plans in driving headcount and increased business volume, optimising profit and maximising operational efficiency to meet business units’ profit plans
- Ensuring compliance of ISO 9001 Certification & OHSAS Certification
- Coordinating with all the relevant departments and ensure that all deliverables meet the set
- Meeting CAPEX and Repair & Maintenance (R&M) budgeted expenditure and achieve Budgeted Planned Revenue
To be successful in this role, you must have at least 10 years of technical and maintenance management experience within a large theme park.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical/Electrical & Electronic Engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum 10 years' experience working in large international theme parks
- Prior experience handling pre-opening of a theme park is ideal
- Strong understanding of preventive maintenance
- Experience with ISO 9001 standard would be an added advantage
- Technically competent with proven managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to engage in strategic thinking
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills along with fine attention to details and quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Efficient, strong work ethics and able to work in a fast-paced environment
This company has a strong reputation as one of the largest companies in the country, with a huge focus on providing families with fun-filled and adventurous experiences.
If you are a VP, Technical – Theme Parks with extensive experience in managing the technical aspects of a theme park and are looking for a crucial role that will build and maintain the region’s largest theme park, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C