Real Estate Manager
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR192,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 11 April 20192019-04-12 2019-06-10 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 192000 192000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
One of world leading financial institutions is looking for a dynamic Real Estate Manager to lead the operations and facilities management of the corporate offices and retail outlets across Malaysia. This job reports to the Head of Real Estate.
About the Real Estate Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations for the management of the facilities, policies, projects and processes of the properties.
- Maintaining sufficient and safe physical office space with conducive and healthy working environment to staff and its clients
- Managing and ensuring that the condition and safety of office premises are in compliance with relevant regulatory and group policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety policies including conducting emergency evacuation exercise and incident management.
- Implementation of Group policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), best practices
- Plan, direct and control delivery and operation of real estate management within the country
- Management of portfolio data and secondary data, its accuracy and completeness, ensuring all changes and updates are submitted in a timely manner in accordance with SOPs
- Management of all lease-related payments (rents, service charge, etc.), ensuring all are validated before payment (e.g. by accounts payable) in accordance with SOPs.
- Day-to-day property management of the portfolio, acting as principal interface with landlords and sub-tenants, in accordance with real estate management SOPs, including all relevant permits and landlord consents.
- Manage and support any insurance reinstatement cost assessments and annual asset valuations, instructing and liaising with the supplier as necessary
- Ensuring all procurement are conducted with due diligence and in compliance with prescribed policies & procedures
- Engaging and managing landlords and vendors to provide repairs and maintenance to office premises on timely basis and with quality
- Developing and managing plans and annual budget for department and function, scheduling expenditure and analysing cost and variances
- Strategising, formulating, developing and driving key strategic business initiatives, service insight contribution and standardisation of operations, policies, guidelines and design related to the properties
- Maintaining and safeguarding the physical assets and services including identifying potential causes of accident loss, recommending and implementing preventive measures, devising plans to minimise costs and damage for effective cost management control and containment
- Formulating high degree of corporate transparency, integrity, strong corporate governance, compliance of audits and statutory requirements, leveraging on integrated technology platform to enhance efficiency through better systems and processes
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of the reception and internal mail delivery and travel management of staff
- Leading and project managing any office expansion initiatives and renovation works of existing offices
- Managing and developing team to have necessary skills and competencies to support functional responsibilities including their training needs and career performance management
To be successful in this role, you should have over eight years of office and property management experience, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in Facilities Management, Property Management, Business Administration, Real Estate Management or related field of study
- Minimum eight years of working experience in office and property management
- Significant experience managing corporate real estate transactions and operational portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple real estate related projects with delivery of timely and quality results
- Demonstrated results in delivering successful risk management and control processes across multiple functions
- Good understanding of technology platforms available for real estate management and experience of transformation and deployment
- Prior experience in handling a major relocation project is ideal
- Good problem-solving and crisis management skill obtained through years of experience in troubleshooting building maintenance and management problems, and handling crisis situations
- Clear thinking with strong analytical abilities with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have a good grasp of process efficiency methodology and a good eye in cost management
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines with ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in both speaking and writing English
- High ethical standards and able to convey professionalism and leadership to users of the office facilities
- Passion for efficiency and effectiveness
This international company needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the leaders in the banking industry across the world.
If you are a dynamic leader that is operationally strong in real estate, property and facilities management, this crucial Real Estate Manager role is the one for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C