Head of Real Estate
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 08 January 2019 2019-01-082019-03-08 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
One of the world-leading financial institutions is looking for a dynamic Head of Real Estate to lead the operations and facilities management of the corporate offices and retail outlets across Malaysia. This job position reports to the CEO.
About the Head of Real Estate Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations for the management of the facilities, policies, projects and processes of the property.
- Maintaining sufficient and safe physical office space with conducive and healthy working environment to staff and its clients
- Managing and ensuring that the condition and safety of office premises are in compliance with relevant regulatory and group policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety policies including conducting emergency evacuation exercise and incident management.
- Ensuring all procurement activities are conducted with due diligence and in compliance with prescribed policies and procedures
- Engaging and managing landlords and vendors to provide repairs and maintenance to office premises on timely basis and with quality
- Developing and managing plans and annual budget for department and function, scheduling expenditure and analysing cost and variances
- Strategising, formulating, developing and driving key strategic business initiatives, service insight contribution and standardisation of operations, policies, guidelines and design related to the properties
- Maintaining and safeguarding the physical assets and services including identifying potential causes of accident loss, recommending and implementing preventive measures, devising plans to minimise costs and damage for effective cost management control and containment
- Formulating high degree of corporate transparency, integrity, strong corporate governance, compliance of audits and statutory requirements, leveraging on integrated technology platform to enhance efficiency through better systems and processes
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of the reception and internal mail delivery and travel management of staff
- Leading and project managing any office expansion initiatives and renovation works of existing offices
- Managing and developing team to have necessary skills and competencies to support functional responsibilities including their training needs and career performance management
To be successful in this role, you should have over 15 years' experience in office and property management, including five years in a leadership capacity.
- Degree in Facilities Management, Property Management, Business Administration, Real Estate Management or related field of study
- Minimum 15 years' working experience in office and property management
- Five years' experience in a leadership capacity and managing a team
- Good problem-solving and crisis management skill obtained through years of experience in troubleshooting building maintenance and management problems, and handling crisis situations
- Clear thinking with strong analytical abilities with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have a good grasp of process efficiency methodology and a good eye in cost management
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines with ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in both verbal and written English
- High ethical standards and able to convey professionalism and leadership to users of the office facilities
- Passion for efficiency and effectiveness
This international financial services company needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the leaders in their field of expertise across the world.
If you are a dynamic leader that is operationally strong in property and facilities management, this crucial Head of Real Estate role is the one for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C