Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR72,000 per annum
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-01-27 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A world leading chemical products manufacturer is looking for a Control & Instrumentation Engineer to manage and troubleshoot plant instrumentation and controls equipment in ensuring that there is no interruption to daily production. This position reports directly to the Electrical Manager.
About the Control & Instrumentation Engineer role:
In this role, you will be responsible to recommend and propose preventive instruments and control maintenance programme for equipment sustainability.
- Monitor and maintain all process conditions and parameters of the plants
- Prepare, review, update electrical and instrumentation engineering documents, i.e., P&IDs, Process Data sheet, etc
- Troubleshoot technical/operation problems on machinery
- Install serial machinery and accessorial equipment according to lay out provided
- Commission newly installed machinery for its intended purpose
- Carry out rebuilding/upgrading of customers machinery
- Plans, manages and oversee the process equipment changes/replacements in the plant, including annual, planned or unscheduled shutdowns
- Manages and develops production employees in the department to achieve optimum employee
- Manages efforts to standardise work & ensures approved procedures & instructions are adhered and practices
To succeed in this role, you must have prior hands-on automation experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Tertiary education in Mechatronics, Electrical, Automation Engineering or relevant discipline
- At least three years’ hands-on automation experience within the manufacturing or oil & gas environment
- Strong experience in PLC (troubleshooting or programming)
- Good knowledge of local Malaysian authorities’ electrical equipment, rules, standards and regulations
- Self-starter, independent and able to work under minimal supervision
- Has creative Problem Solving & Decision-Making skills
- Experience with SAP would be added advantage
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
This international organisation is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this integral Control & Instrumentation Engineer role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125