Staff Equipment & Process Engineer
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Venessa Soon
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading manufacturing and production company is looking for a Staff Equipment & Process Engineer based in Penang. Reporting directly to Head of Department, this is a role for seasoned talent who is the subject matter expert in their field.
About the Staff Equipment & Process Engineer role
In this role you will be responsible to provide technological expertise for NPI, product engineering, process and machine sustaining activities, and provide SMT Engineering System Solutions in order to support PCBA supply for the build of electronics products in the organisation.
- Equipment owner of one or more SMT equipment and is responsible to optimise corresponding process recipes to achieve desired results based on proper study (e.g. DOE (Design of Experiment); specify allowed window for further process adjustments and provide detailed descriptions under what conditions and by whom the adjustment is allowed.
- Understand process sensitivities and potential process risks and limits; decides whether a machine or process is able to meet requirements for new products; support NPI engineer for equipment and process related enabling and improvement.
- Define equipment preventive maintenance plan in close collaboration with maintenance team; defines release procedure to be followed maintenance/excursion event (e.g. power trip)/undesired machine idling after specific time/planned shutdown to release to production again; defines lifetimes of consumables to meet required performance and to meet cost targets and reductions as required.
- Owns P-FMEA content of the equipment and gives inputs to department P-FMEA coordinator; ensure his area's compliance to all audit requirements (HSE, ESD, strain measurement etc) and support audits when necessary to ensure successful certifications.
- Provide inputs to generate (Training within Industry) breakdown sheets to ensure standardised work, low variability, high productivity, good quality and safety.
- Analyse and define machine and processes according to BPS principles and to maximise value-added portion and to reduce process waste and lead time; define and lead improvement projects to achieve improvements in cost, quality, safety and delivery in his area of responsibility to remain on industry benchmark levels.
To succeed in the Staff Equipment & Process Engineer role, you must have minimum 2 years project management experience or related discipline.
- At least 5 years previous experience and SMT equipment and process engineering;possess degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Applied Sciences or related majors.
- Possess practical and theoretical know-how which he/she could apply in new and changing contexts. Example of knowledge areas are SMT equipment and processes,production defect categories, lean production concept, SPC and statistics, software Minitab, PCB basics, Control plan and P-FMEA. Knowledge of rework, X-ray and physical analysis methods are added advantages.
- Understand interaction among different aspects of incoming material, equipment,process, product design and able to integrate these for problem solving and for process optimisation and stabilisation.
- Good analytical and comprehensive problem solving capability to drive for conclusive technical cause finding; attention to details.
- Familiar in working with 8D process, FTA, ishikawa diagram.
The international manufacturing and production organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Staff Equipment & Process Engineer job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Venessa Soon on +604 – 6090500 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1344710.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125