Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Venessa Soon
Date posted 05 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading manufacturing and production company is looking for Equipment Engineer based in Penang. Reporting directly to Head of Department, this is a role for engineer who is the subject matter expert in their field.
About the Equipment Engineer role
In this role you will be responsible to cooperate with develop and improve production / FA processes to achieve optimum performances in terms of yield and productivity.
- Perform LEAN activities and equipment planning / capacity utilisation studies
- Provide engineering solutions for processes / equipment issues through root cause analysis, FMEA, and implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions to ensure products conform to customer specifications and requirements
- Coordinate project transfer, inclusive of planning for First Article builds, transfer / procuring of equipment, setup line and tooling
- Key person for quality and technical issues and manage internal QA (ODR and Dppm), customer complaints and feedback on a timely manner related to machining and equipment
- Ability to guide, perform, and coordinate all function of preventive maintenance and calibration with schedules frequency
- Guide maintenance technicians to maintain engineering equipment, tooling jigs and fixtures
- Determine and acquire appropriate equipment and tooling for production to increase yield and productivity
- To maintain all Engineering procedures, checklist and Work instructions
- Ensure that the department conforms to the ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- To do bench marking for continual improvement including proposal of upgrading and improve equipment capability and technology.
To succeed in the Equipment Engineer role, you must have knowledge in process or maintenance engineering or related working experience.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in FMEA, Lean Manufacturing, 7QC tools and etc
- Knowledge in Six Sigma, ISO 9001, ISO13485,ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 will be added advantage
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in cable assembly, fibre optic assembly will be added advantage
- Able to work independently with strong leadership qualities
- Disciplined and dynamic team player with positive attitude
- Able to withstand pressure, self-motivated with sense of urgency
This US based manufacturing and production organisation needs no introduction to recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. They are also known as the driver of innovation in manufacturing sector various industry in the market. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities wait the right person in this exciting Equipment Engineer position.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125