Salary MYR72,000 - MYR84,000 per annum
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 17 August 2018 2018-08-172018-10-09 engineering Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A multinational electric power transmission and telecommunications cables and systems manufacturer is looking for a Process Engineer to be responsible for the overall process improvement of the production lines and systems in the plant. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
About the Process Engineer role:
In this position, you will be accountable to develop, implement, monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and workflow, for assembly products for the overall process improvement and act as a support to the production department in achieving production targets.
- Organise, implement and maintain production process flow
- Develop working instructions, workmanship standard and process documents, and ensure they are followed
- Improve continually existing operations, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions
- Liaise with production planner/ scheduler for ensuring the released products have adequate BOM and routings
- Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions and workmanship standards and process procedures
- Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target
- Organise meetings with other team members to facilitate growth
- Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
- Work with design engineering: Design for cost, Design for test, Design for manufacturability, Design for assembly
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop
To be successful in this role, you must have prior process improvement experience within the electrical/electronics manufacturing industry.
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- Five years of working experience handling continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing plant
- Good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and TPM methodologies
- Possesses an innovative mind set to develop new insights into organisation improving solutions
- Strong knowledge of analysis methods involving the measure of process capabilities
- Possess the ability to interact and build relationships with all personnel, including those from other departments while motivating and inspiring team members
This international company continues to be market leaders for their product category by being at the forefront of product innovation, and has one of the most advanced and sophisticated plants in Malacca.
If you are an analytical and innovative Process Engineer that is keen on optimising processes, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your overall production and continuous improvement knowledge and exposure in a world class manufacturing environment.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125