Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 06 September 20192019-09-10 2019-11-05 engineering Penang MY MYR 130000 234000 234000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Engineering Manager job has just become available at an industry leader for automation and controls in Penang.
About the Engineering Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, this role is for a candidate looking to step up to lead the engineering team. You will have the opportunity to guide, focus and grow the Process Engineers and Design Engineers.
- Lead and coordinate the engineering team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the team's mission and objectives in customised automation and equipment integration business and day to day technical operations
- Play a key role in driving operational efficiency, identifying opportunities for improving safety, quality, delivery, throughput or productivity, staying aware of modern technologies and operational methods, to drive customer satisfaction
- Define, propose and monitor the implementation of the engineering team's plans and objectives
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to factory engineering and/or maintenance
- Lead the team in gathering information on RFQs, develops conceptual solutions on paper, research devices and costs for applications and estimate prices of projects
- Responsible for quality of all works done for assigned projects — including final reviews, progress assessments, scope review and concept review
- Lead the project kick-off meeting and ensure all technical, conceptual and costing information are passed on to the project team
- Assure completion of costing, concepts, proposals and necessary technical write-up and other deliverables in a timely and high-quality manner
- Propose and control the budget as well as the factory’s capital investment plans and related capital expenditures
- Identify and develop skills in new technologies necessary for the growth and success of the build/release management team
To succeed in this Engineering Manager role, you must have experiences in cross-functional team management and have strong knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related discipline
- Minimum eight years' professional engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least five years being directly related to automation and/or controls
- Familiar with industry 4.0/smart factory concepts, digital manufacturing simulation
- Understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), ISA (International Society of Automation) 95 architectures
- Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
- Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
- Experience in systems engineering and application to automation systems
This organisation highly regards thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Their mission is to meet their clients’ high-level expectations regarding quality, precision, productivity and ﬂexibility using custom-made, economical equipment solutions.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Engineering Manager job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +6012-549 3232 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1490380.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A