Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Venessa Soon
Date posted 23 February 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading manufacturing and production company is looking for a Industrial Engineer based in Penang. Reporting directly to Head of Department, this is a role for engineer who is the subject matter expert in their field.
About the Industrial Engineer role
In this role you will be responsible to cooperate with planning section in regulating and altering workflow schedules with established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations, ensuring timely delivery of all products in required quality and at reasonable cost level.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards
- Conduct process study and improve production yield, quality and process cycle time
- Support production/assembly line in terms of layouts, equipment and product storage/handling setup, manpower/capacity requirements planning
- Establish manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities based on production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information
- Assist in Leading and deploying Lean programs with continuous improvement in process and 5S at work environment to increase the productivity and maintain safety
- Conduct training for production staffs in workflow and the use and applications of various Lean tools/techniques
- Drive LEAN across the various functions to meet targets/KPIs
To succeed in the Industrial Engineer role, you must have knowledge of Lean Manufacturing with hand-on experience in Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Pull System, 5S, Standardised Work, TPM, Set-up Reduction, Error Proofing and other Lean techniques
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Engineering (Industrial), Engineering (Mechanical/Manufacturing), Engineering (Mechatronic/ Electromechanical), Engineering (Metal Fabrication/Tool & Die/Welding)
- Prefer experience in CNC/precision machining and mechanical assembly industries
- Experienced with production line/workstation setup and Jig/device/tooling design with CAD system
- Good communication skills.
This international manufacturer needs no introduction. They are recognised as the leader in their field of expertise, also known as the driver of innovation in manufacturing sector various industry in the market. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities wait the right person in this exciting Industrial Engineer position.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125