EHS Project Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref KFN53S-64A29F78
Date posted 24 May 2023shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/health-safety 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 food-manufacturing Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An established regional manufacturer of various food grade supplies is looking for a EHS Project Lead. In this job, you will ensure effective implementation of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) programmes at an ongoing project site and oversee regulatory compliance.
About the EHS Project Lead Role:
As part of the Project Management Team, you will be responsible to develop, implement, and maintain continuous improvement of the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) system throughout the expansion project. Besides that, you will ensure regulatory compliance and maintain good EHS documentation practises.
- Function as the lead technical expert to analyse and resolve EHS gaps and challenges for the expansion project
- Create and review best practices, policies and procedures for existing EHS operational processes/systems and implement new legislation to improve the performance standards
- Manage Safety Officers on site, ensuring resources are properly utilised
- Set up EHS budget and deliverables for the project according to the project matrix
- Organise EHS meetings regularly, including kick-off meeting, pre-mobilisation meeting, toolbox meeting, townhall, EHS committee meetings and other EHS related meetings
- Create a strategy to reward contractors who are compliant and penalise non-compliant contractors
- Execute project EHS deliverables until project completion and participate in contractor end-of-project review
- During the project, identify trends, root causes and leads process to ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are being implemented
To succeed in the Project EHS Manager role, you will need to have a track record in managing and driving the EHS department in a greenfield or brownfield project setting.
- Tertiary qualification in HSE field of study
- Over six years’ HSE experience at management level within high volume manufacturing industries that is process-centric (e.g. chemical industry), preferably with brownfield project experience
- Experienced in managing complex brownfield projects with multiple contractors for a multinational company
- Familiar with Contractor Safety Management System
- Strong drive and excellent follow-through
- Influential and able to steer various groups towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage well with all levels of the workforce
- Application is open to Malaysians and/ or candidates with existing rights to employment in Malaysia
This company is forerunner in manufacturing and distribution of specialised food products for various end usage. They have revolutionised the industry with their innovative products and have steadily increased their market share.
If you are someone who is confident in leading a team, is forward-thinking and uncompromising when it comes to safety culture, this EHS Project Lead role is right for you.
Apply now or email me at JitHow.Chan@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7020 to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7020