OHS Director (APAC Region)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1806460/001
Date posted 23 May 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/health-safety 2022-06-23 2022-07-22 fmcg Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A market leading FMCG manufacturing company is looking for an OHS Director (APAC Region) to provide strategic direction for OHS (Occupational Health) policies, ensure effective implementation of OHS management system & programs at various regional sites and provide thought leadership.
About the OHS Director (APAC Region) Role:
In this position, you will take charge of the OHS system development, deployment and pursue progressive improvement opportunities for the APAC region.
- Provide specialist occupational medicine and public health advice while ensuring input into local operating management systems in support of health teams
- Lead and champion the design, development, and regional execution of the next generation of enterprise health strategy that meets the future needs of employees, customers, consumers and other key stakeholders
- Partner with site, country and regional leadership teams to build Occupational Health capability that secures full compliance to all regulatory requirements, while also delivering enhanced culture of caring through the Occupational Health teams’ leadership of employee health and wellness initiatives
- Analyse, assess, and recommend structural (people, capability, talent) needs to meet regional and global goals. Engage and partner with sites, country, and regional leadership to align and realise required organisational structures that deliver on Occupational Health objectives, while also driving short and long-term value into the business
- Provide expert Occupational Health analysis, evaluation, advice and direction on all relevant projects/issues/business opportunities
- Identify regional Occupational Health team capability needs and recommend development opportunities to further support strategy and goals
- Continuously improve systems, processes and capabilities regarding Occupational Health for the APAC regional and Global Occupational Health Team which includes building robust measurement of performance across Occupational health programs
To succeed in the OHS Director (APAC Region) role, you will need to have regional occupational health portfolio experience and able to identify operational gaps to drive improvement programs.
- Degree in Medicine (Certified Occupational Health Doctor)
- 15-20 years of OHS experience at senior leadership level in manufacturing industry
- Able to manage OHS teams at multiple sites (matrix reporting structure)
- Possesses a strategic approach and the ability to develop programs
- Implemented strategic change, built governance structures and provided compelling business case/value proposition to senior stakeholders across the region
- Strong drive, good business & financial acumen and visionary
- Assertive, influential and able to steer various groups towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage well with all levels of the workforce
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%) to various sites within Asia Pacific Region
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This growing FMCG company has solid expansion plans and they are one of the top 3 global companies within their product category.
If you are someone who is strategic, forward-thinking and possess strong determination to achieve success, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022A renowned international food manufacturer is recruiting for an Engineering Manager job to lead all greenfield and brownfield engineering and CAPEX projects in the plants throughout the region. This position will be reporting to the Manufacturing Director.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 June 2022A leading edible oils manufacturer is seeking a Head of Plant Operations to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing-related activities. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 June 2022A rapidly growing airline business is recruiting for a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 June 2022A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the fleet maintenance and airworthiness initiatives during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. In this job, you will report to the CEO.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2022A leading civil and structure main contractor in Kuala Lumpur that serves domestic and international project across infrastructure (highway, earth work, bridges, water treatment plants, rail), chemical and industrial plants, etc., is seeking a Project Director (C&S) specialising in civil and structure (C&S). In this job, you will be responsible for leading the entire C&S team working on multi-site projects.