EHS and Facilities Manager
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Bandar Baru EnstekFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 05 November 20192019-11-05 2020-01-04 fmcg Bandar Baru Enstek MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly-growing food manufacturer is looking for an EHS and Facilities Manager to manage the strategic planning and day-to-day operations of their buildings, ground maintenance, cleaning services, catering, health and safety, contractor management, security, space management, utilities and communications infrastructure with a greenfield new plant setup project. This position reports to the GM, Operations.
About the EHS and Facilities Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and continuation of HSSE strategies, policies, systems, programs and processes along with overall facilities maintenance and day-to-day building strategic planning and operations.
- Preparation of documents to put out tenders for contractors
- Project management, supervision and coordination work of contractors
- Investigation of availability and suitability of options for new premises
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core facilities activities
- Leading the working sessions on Machine Safety Risk Assessment, Isolation of Hazardous Energy, ladders-steps-stairs, etc., and ensures all departments updates theirs risks on HIRADC setting actions to mitigate/eliminate them
- Coaching on the job for machine safety risk assessment, job safety assessment, behaviour observation systems and Industry safety basic elements
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, building maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning services, catering, etc.
- Ensuring that the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities complies with local legislations
- Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or reorganising current premises
- Checking that work carried out by contractors have been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Monitoring and demonstrating achievement of agreed service levels and to lead improvement activities
To succeed in this EHS and Facilities Manager role, you must have at least ten years of health and safety and facilities maintenance experience within the manufacturing environment.
- Tertiary education in Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental or relevant discipline
- Ten years of health and safety and facilities management experience
- Experience within the FMCG manufacturing environment would be ideal
- Safety system and SOP setup experience is ideal
- Possess knowledge in Safety laws, regulations, codes and best management practices
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and procurement skills
- Ability to multitask, team player, good leader and motivator
- Innovative approach to work
- Good project management skills
- Clear and concise writing skills
This company is renowned regionally for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With their products being sold regionally, they are one of the market leaders in their category.
If you are an EHS and Facilities Manager who is knowledgeable in health & safety and facilities maintenance, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your technical exposure in a world class manufacturing environment.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C