General Manager, Plantation Operations
Salary MYR300,000 - MYR336,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 94EZEP-AB1FD064
Date posted 24 May 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/general-management-consulting 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 300000 336000 336000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A leading plantation group is recruiting for a General Manager, Plantation Operations job to lead and strategise all the plantation operations and improvement initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director.
About the General Manager, Plantation Operations Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing daily operational activities and coordinated of plantation operations including engineering, purchasing, projects, sustainability and strategic planning and maintenance while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations.
- Provide direction on new research and development ventures that are aligned to the division’s future plans and objectives
- Planning, implementing and to ensuring proper follow through of all new projects until its execution stage
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis and devise contingency plans
- Implement strategies, reviewing and setting triggers to ensure KPIs and objectives are met in respective division
- Orchestrating the overall activities of the department operations in terms of cost, response, quality planning and resources utilisation
- Spearhead the development of operational targets and the right strategies to strive for continuous improvement that reflect in the aspects of quality, time and cost
- Work collaboratively with the management team to identify, resolve and manage operational issues and challenges to achieve business objectives
- Ensure growth in career development of staff in line with company objectives along with organizational health indices
- Effective stakeholder management at all different working levels with presentation to the senior management and Board of Directors
To be successful in this General Manager, Plantation Operations role, you must have at least 20 years' operations management experience, preferably within the plantation industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Plantations, Agricultural Science, Manufacturing, or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the plantation sector
- Prior experience working with oil palm and plantation regulatory bodies
- Efficient, strong work ethics – able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables outputs and support the project team members where necessary
- Ability to analyse sustainability data and information, create interesting and engaging findings and present the information in a concise manner
- Understanding of processes required for developing and monitoring strategic plans
- Possess high level of independence, integrity, self-motivation, result oriented and the drive to excel
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
- Ability to travel to remote locations within Indonesia
This company has a strong reputation as one of the largest plantation companies in the country, with a strong focus on sustainable environment.
If you are an established operations professional with extensive experience in plantation operations and looking for a crucial role that will shape oil palm innovation, this General Manager, Plantation Operations role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
+603 2303 7043
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR336,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading plantation group is seeking a General Manager, Palm Oil Mill to lead all engineering transformation initiatives in order to ensure that all the mills across the country are at the optimum level of operational conditions. In this job, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MalaccaDate posted: 29 May 2023An established electric power transmission and telecommunications cables and systems manufacturer is looking for a General Manager to lead all operations and plant improvement initiatives. This position directly reports to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR336,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Plantation Operations job to lead and strategise all the plantation operations and improvement initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 June 2023A leading transportation service provider is seeking a dynamic Head of Rail Reliability to lead all Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) initiatives as part of their overall systems assurance. In this job, you will report directly to the Group COO.
Salary: Up to 500k/annum all-in including incentiveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 June 2023An exciting Regional Service Business Leader (HVAC) job has become available in Kuala Lumpur with a reputable international HVAC provider.