Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1912250/001
Date posted 17 March 2023penang mining-engineering-operations/general-management-consulting 2023-03-21 2023-05-16 engineering Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Plant Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations Asia, this is a role for managers who can manage set up of operations as a pioneer team in an electronic device manufacturing industry.
About the Plant Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the person will play a key role in the engineering team continued development and success.
- Support new plant renovation and fit out phase to make sure new plant suitable for manufacturing within defined timeline
- Build strong operations team to complete production transfer plan
- Organise operations team to support ERP implementation (Navision)
- Plan, guide and direct the total operations of manufacturing facility to achieve manufacturing objectives for growth, profitability, quality, on-time performance, inventory management, safety, lean manufacturing, and customer satisfaction
- Support sales growth for both customer specific opportunities and as defined in the strategic plan
- Initiate plans and processes that minimise manufacturing costs through the effective use of resources including manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
- Provide leadership and deliver execution on strategic KPIs and Operational Excellence (OPEX) savings
- Provide leadership in formulating and establishing site policies operating procedures and goals in accordance with requirements of corporate business guidelines and the expectations of overall customer base
- Establish challenging targets for site performance and enact contingency plans to support and ensure customer requirements are met and business relationships sustained
- Drive Operational Excellence through maintaining and continuously improving an efficient level of site performance for SQCDM
- Improve profitability of products through recommendations and management of facility and cost improvements as well as productivity enhancement initiatives
- Develop and provide leadership to a team of highly effective staff managers to achieve continued profitability and operational improvements. Leverage performance metrics such as balanced scorecard, Annual Operating Plan and PMP to drive accountability to the appropriate levels of the organisation
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas
- Create a healthy workplace to ensure employee engagement, people development and organisation effectiveness
The successful Plant Manager possess a minimum of 10 years experience in operations management and performing plant ramp up in as a pioneer team as a plant manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Lean and Six Sigma knowledge
- Fluency English, both spoken and written
- Ability to work in a highly productive, constantly changing environment
- ERP experience
- Demonstrated success in implementing Lean methodology for continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology preferred
- Good communication skills for interaction with all departments both inside and outside of the company
- Analytic mindset and good at planning, can- do attitude under pressure
- Good interpersonal skill and leadership
- Set up new plant experience is a plus
- New product introduction experience
- Basic finance skills
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Plant Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 4 240 2135
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 March 2023A Regional Senior Project Manager job has become available at a multinational food and beverages manufacturing and production firm specialising in fruit concentrate based in Penang, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 05 March 2023An exciting Plant General Manager job opportunity has become available at an electronics assembly manufacturing company in Penang due to succession planning. Reporting to the Corporate Vice President of Operations, this opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 March 2023A multinational engineering design company specialising in research and development design for electronics and design for manufacturing is looking for a Staff Digital Hardware Design Engineer. in this job, you will be based in Penang.