General Manager, Contracts
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1837180/001
Date posted 14 August 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/general-management-consulting 2022-08-14 2022-10-13 building-and-construction Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the engineering and construction companies is looking for a dynamic candidate to take on a General Manager, Contracts job to oversee and be responsible for analysing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and approving the quantity estimates. This position reports to the Construction Director.
About the General Manager, Contracts Role:
In this position, you will oversee the contracts, responsible for financial estimation of projects and optimisation of construction budget.
- Undertake costs analysis for design and project work, including value engineering where required
- Prepare economic feasibility studies based upon the company requirements
- Perform risk/value management and cost control for design and project work
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Prepare and/or review specific tender documents, analyse tender responses, and make recommendations to clients regarding contractors and sub-contractors
- Create, as well as use, various econometric modelling techniques (desktop or more detailed) to develop pricing forecasts and diagnostics
- Develop and maintain a cost feedback process to collect actual project cost data
- Understand and interpret data collected from publicly available sources, internal sources (past and current projects)
- Support project team pertaining to the project material, specification, and requirement
To succeed in this General Manager, Contracts role, you must have a strong understanding of contracts standards for the construction space.
- Tertiary qualification in quantity survey, construction economics or construction management
- 15 years of working experience in quantity surveyor for infrastructure construction projects
- Experience in major infrastructure projects such as rail projects is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of construction materials and installation
- Experience in running tendering processes for project management and/or architectural/engineering design consulting
- Excellent knowledge of the construction industry: advanced knowledge of construction contracts, tendering processes, bills of quantities
- Interpretation and reaction to changes in the environment of construction
- Ability to negotiate payments and change orders with contractors
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to support assumptions of final analysis share ideas and influence senior management by quantitative analysis and/or facts
- Time management skills including the ability to program and schedule the time of others
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a strong contracts management experience in construction projects and are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment as your next career move, this General Manager, Contracts role is the one for you.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR480,000 - MYR600,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 October 2022A leading oil and gas company is looking for a high-calibre candidate for a COO job to develop, plan and manage the business in achieving budgeted revenue and maximising profitability through the portfolio of assets owned. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR220,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 September 2022An established FMCG company is recruiting for a Senior Packaging Equipment Specialist job to provide deep and broad technical support and packaging equipment technology expertise to projects and plants, specialising on multiple packing technologies across a region.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Bandar Baru EnstekDate posted: 25 August 2022A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is recruiting for a Head of Maintenance job to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world class manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Operations Director.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: MalaccaDate posted: 24 August 2022An established food manufacturer is reruiting for a Manufacturing Operations Director job to plan, strategise and lead all major plant improvement initiatives in order to take the plants to the next level of manufacturing standards while delivering the annual operational performance targets. This position reports to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR450,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading chemicals producer is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability, Asia Pacific job to lead, develop and implement the environmental, social and governance sustainability initiatives for the organisation across the entire Asia Pacific region. This position reports to the CEO.