Head of Flight Operations
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1813330/001
Date posted 03 August 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/general-management-consulting 2022-08-03 2022-10-02 aerospace Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 240000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This job reports to the CEO.
About the Head of Flight Operations Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading flight operations, operations control centre and pilot training departments, providing support, leadership, and technical expertise to enhance the performance.
- Providing air operating sites with daily guidance, leadership and support relating to operations, communication, revenue enhancement, human resources, process/procedure standardisation and process execution
- Ensuring smooth flight operations to meet the aim of a timely cargo delivery (involves the ability of decision-making under constraint of time, flight safety and security requirements, operational needs, etc.)
- Communicating with relevant parties (such as airport authorities, handling providers, company management, contractors, etc.) as necessary to ensure high standards of air support service
- Constantly reviewing air operations activity and address the findings to eliminate imperfections in documentation and streamline the operational procedures
- Designing the development and strategy plans for the flight operations and operations control centre management departments in line with company’s vision and objectives
- Ensuring that contingency plans are in place to cope with unexpected operational irregularities that may result in cargo delayed or undelivered
- Analysing effectiveness of the current process work flow within inter departmental, policies and procedures, and the associated manpower and other relevant cost structures and whenever required, to identify potential improvements and to initiate necessary improvements
- Performing capital and expense budgeting and budget control as well as the implementation of required capital projects necessary for modernisation
- Resolving conflicts and operational problems, completing audits, identifying trends, and always ensuring compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements, such as those from CAAM, MAB, local municipal councils, local ministerial requirements, etc.
- Providing support and leadership to ensure efficient and effective utilisation of company’s assets through internal initiatives, addressing all problems related to equipment, human skill, and system deficiencies
To succeed in this Head of Flight Operations role, you must have at least 15 years of flight operations management experience within the airlines industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in aerospace engineering or a relevant field of study
- Minimum of 15 years of flight operations experience within the aviation industry
- Prior experience managing the procurement of air pricing within an airline is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Air-Freight Station and gateway operations
- Good knowledge of data analytics and the aviation industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work and interact effectively in a team-based environment
- Versatile, organised, results-oriented and enjoys the challenge of working in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Technically competent with proven managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage in strategic thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with fine attention to detail and quality
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
The organisation is an entrepreneurial and high-growth business with a strong reputation and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a forward-thinking and dynamic individual with prior solid experience in cargo air operations management within the aviation industry, this Head of Flight Operations role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR450,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading chemicals producer is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability, Asia Pacific job to lead, develop and implement the environmental, social and governance sustainability initiatives for the organisation across the entire Asia Pacific region. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 July 2022A renowned environmental organisation is seeking a Head of Climate Change to develop and implement the sustainability policies related to climate change related issues. In this job, you will report to the Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR288,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 July 2022A renowned e-retail company is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability job to develop and implement the comprehensive ESG strategies and policies within a long-term sustainability roadmap. This position reports to the Head of Legal, Governance and Compliance.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 July 2022A leading heavy equipment supplier is recruiting for a Head of Petroleum Operations job to develop, plan and manage the business in achieving budgeted revenue and maximising profitability to capture markets in the oil and gas, refinery, petrochemical, and energy sectors. This position reports to the General Manager.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 July 2022A leading conglomerate group is seeking a Head of Climate Change to lead the development and implementation of a net zero emissions strategy and roadmap. In this job, you will report to the Head of Sustainability.